“Lack of service”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Called in for late lunch. Sat and waited for service for 10-15 minutes. Staff could see we were waiting to be served. More interested in writing on blackboard and attempting to clear tables. Very few people in Cafe. Menu looked good but walked out before sampling food.

1  Thank Peter A
There are newer reviews for Retro Cafe

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is where we went four years ago, Greta to see it still operating, we had coffee there everyday. The staff are amazing, lots of regulars, always a good sign,

Reviewed January 6, 2013

For the time I lived in Hobart, where I lived had to be in easy walking distance to the Retro. Over the years it was my breakfast place and my after work coffee place. Saturday morning when the Market was operating I had to give up if I was not there when it opened. The staff were personable, accommodating and definitely "retro." Food was great and the coffee better. It may be years before I get back to Tassie but one of my first stops will be the Retro!

The date below doesn't accommodate stays of many months over many years so ignore whatever date shows up! At least 10 years from 1996 to 2010 and were solo, family (when they were in Hobart) and business. My favourite seats were in the front window with coffee and the newspaper! - Chris Poulson now in San Diego

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We popped in for a light lunch and were thrilled with this lovely cafe. Our meals were huge and absolutely delicious .. my husband had a pear soup - which mystified us but was in fact fantastic. The coffees were also delicious and the prices very reasonable.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Coffee was good but when Lynn asked for scrambled eggs without being cooked in butter, the problems started. They cooked them using the coffee steamer and the eggs came out looking colourless and watery - they went back half eaten and when we said to the inexperienced waitress that they were pretty awful, she just said with a touch of sarcasm "that's excellent, I'll tell the chef". She obviously hadn't spent much time in hospitality and couldn't tell the difference between good and bad.