“Delicious Italian food”

Maldini Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 615 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Salamanca, Maldini is a friendly Italian restaurant with its roots firmly planted within the Tasmanian context.
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We recently had dinner at this restaurant, I would suggest to book - we did not and ate outside underneath the canopy and heaters. It was still pretty cool but the heaters certainly did help. The service was fine. The food was so so tasty - we really enjoyed it. The out door area has a casual feel about it, most enjoyable. This is a reasonably expensive restaurant - but good.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My 2nd time to Maldini. I'd say it's a nice restaurant, friendly staff however the menu is not too inspiring. Pork loin which I ordered was cooked to perfection if you like pork. Dessert was a letdown (semifreddo). Waiter was very nice about it though. Didn't charge me and knew what the cook had done wrong in incorrectly preparing it for me. Internal ambience was just ok. There are better places to eat in Salamanca.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

food was overcooked and pricey and not italiany enough
the menu could be better
my motto if italians are not on the staff go elsewhere

78_aldo_

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I had the chicken breast, one of the best meals I've ever had. Great atmosphere. A bit pricey but my meal was worth it!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Our group met for a late Sunday lunch. We were greeted with a friendly smile, our meals were excellent and I couldn't resist the dessert menu!
I had the Pan-roasted chicken breast with roasted beetroot, crisp chilli pancetta & blue cheese salad with hazelnut pesto, and can HIGHLY recommend it, along with the summer pudding :)
The menu is extensive, and is available to view on their website. They also have a specials board.
Being early afternoon on a Sunday it was also quite, so perfect for our catch up.
Maldinis is also in the entertainment book, and as 2 of us had cards, we got a very sizeable chunk off our bill = even happier!!!!