“Very Nice”

Maldini Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 634 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Salamanca, Maldini is a friendly Italian restaurant with its roots firmly planted within the Tasmanian context.
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I started my meal with a Gin and Tonic with Lime (no cucumber available...)
Gin was from local distillery Larks "The Godfather "was really great
The wine and beverage list was very good and I thought the menu had something for everyone
The I had a glass of Tasmanian Sparkling to go with my Crab Linguine. Linguine was a little thick to be perfect but otherwise was a tasty meal.
Waiter was very pleasant and attentive.
Good location right amongst all the shops at Salamanca Market
Would definitely eat here again

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We'd walked past and eaten elsewhere 3 nights and finally we went in.
Waitress was very quirky- efficient but not warm or friendly. Building is lovely but acousticsean noise bounces around and it's very noisy.
Ok for groups- not great for a quiet dinner for two.
We ordered mains which took 40 minutes to come- that is unacceptable. No apology or explanation. Dessert was quicker as was coffee.
It was ok / not great - room for improvement.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our dining experience at Maldini very much. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful but not over the top. The wine list was extensive enough for everyone to find something they enjoy. We had entrees, mains and desserts and they were all excellent. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here.

Bruschetta. Interpretation is wrong, we got what was herb bread.

Olives came with bread, unsure of what I had to do with the bread, perhaps an excuse to charge $7 for the small amohnt served.

My wife ordered the linguine crab pasta, what came out was spaghetti!

We ordered the blueberry white chocolate cake for dessert, what came out was raspberry white chocolate tart.

I ordered a long macchiato, what came out was a long black with some token white froth on top.

A lot left to be desired for this place, especially the prices they are charging!

I'd avoid this and look elsewhere.

3  Thank GlobalTourist2014
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had dinner here, first time in hobart coming.

Bruschetta. Interpretation is wrong, we got what was herb bread.

My wife ordered the linguine crab pasta, what came out was spaghetti!

I'd avoid this and look elsewhere.