“Yes! Yes and YES!”

Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Good coffee with their own blend: yes.
Good food: yes.
Something about the place that immediately says ... Come right on in: YES!
This place has obviously had a face lift and despite the fact we had just finished a big breakfast and coffee, one look was enough to draw us in... and we are glad we followed our instincts. Very friendly, welcoming, informed staff. Loved the coffee blend and the description of one of their breakfast items was so intriguing we just had to try it.
Great experience. Liked the place so much we will be going back tomorrow.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Went to Kafe Kara for lunch this week. I ordered corn fritters with salmon and a coffee and it was just devine. It was the nicest salmon I have ever tasted. The coffee was tops. My friends loved their choice of food also. Whilst there is no view, it is in the centre of Hobart city and great for a business lunch.

2  Thank Taj940
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I get my coffee here every morning before work ( one of the staff is nice and I guess it has formed a habit) and I have had three meals and two takeaway soups here in the last 6 months. EACH time I have been dissapointed (why did I go back?) and while I don't mind paying $20 for lunch, I expect at least some substance in it, not just the cheapest ingredient (ie. just rocket and lemon juice). My friend had rabbit ragu and it was full of bones. They charged her for parmesan (powdered from a can!). And we saw one of the kitchen hands picking up poached eggs and putting them on plates with her bare hands. Why has this place received any good reviews? Go to the Cupping Room (aka West End Pumphouse) for better food and a better wine list and better surroundings. Ignore the reviews of that one, it has changed lately.

2  Thank egferguson
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The food and coffee actually surpassed my expectations! The food was even more delicious than it sounded on the menu and the coffee was spot-on EVERY time. It has had a bit of a face-lift since last time I was there and the new owners obviously know what they're about. The staff were lovely and overall, a great Kafe experience!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I really like the menu, the cafe has good service and pleasant ambience. The food quality and presentation is great. It is also value for money.