“arr, me fish!”

Ranked #57 of 632 Restaurants in Hobart
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

On account of skipping about from medium to high end places on my many visits to Hobart, I'd eyed off the pontoons but it'd never occured to me to get dinner from one of them til now and so I'd sort of resolved to go to Flippers, being the most iconic in my mind for another genuinely Hobart experience that I'd never had before. I had the crumbed blue grenadier and garden salad as I'm trying to keep the pounds off and for $11.50 it was very good value, the salad was surprisingly large, very healthy and good and the fish soft, buttery and tasty, just what you want from freshly caught fish. I ate it on the docks and so now I can say I've had another truly Hobart experience!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had fresh made fish and chips from this place. It is recommanable, because it is from a boat, and the chips did tast of portatoes, and the fish was fresh made.
The service was good, and you get called up to get your food, when it is finished.
You can eat this nice unhealthy food in Hobart Habour is good weather, or bring the good food with you home.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

As you walk around Constitution Dock the aromas of fish and chips lure you to this take away right on the water. There is nothing better than sitting on the dock eating fresh hot fish and chips. We enjoyed this much more than the meal at the upmarket seafood restaurant close by.
Prices were fair and the servings generous, everything is cooked to order.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Lots of options for seafood ordering here and most seemed good value. Fast, hot and fresh with sauces, salts and drinks to go also.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Come on fellas $17.50 for two small pieces of flake (Shark) and a handfull of chips. To add insult to injury the fish pieces were small and dry, I have had better in Suburban chip shops in Melbourne. Rip off.