“Food quantity is not enough for my small stomach, but the food quality is good”
Review of Don Camillo

Don Camillo
Ranked #93 of 634 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We have a dinner in there, I ordered a duck main course and my friends they are all ordered the big main course as itsupposed to be.

But when we seen the food came, we have a little bit suprise about the quantity, in my main course dish, it is only 3-4 pieces sweet potatos and one duck leg, the duck is cooked very well actually, nice soft and tender inside, very cripy, and lots of herbs smells both inside the meat and outside the skins, which was really nice, the cheesze dish for desert was fantastic very smart dish and made us happy at the end.

But the really I concerned about is the quantity is less, no enough for my small stomach, I would suggest to have more potatos or veges in this dish, or main course can come with some bread. Coz I rememered when I had lunch or dinner in any restaurants in Italy, they always give you bread and butter, or some cookies to avoid the food quantity issue, and then charge about 2.5 - 5 euro, which is very reasonable. And this duck dish I ordered at the night in there was about $32 australian dollars and it was far far less than the value from the quantity point of view says.

My other friends also complian about the veal dish they ordered is average and not enough as well. So wish they can realised this thing to improve a little bit in quantity.

Over all great food and customer service, but quantity is not enough.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Went with another couple for a get together for Christmas. Decor and atmosphere is nice. However was very disappointed with menu, service and quality of food. The night we went it was fully booked and there seemed to be a childrens birthday party. Had a few different waitresses and none were that friendly. Menu was limited and serving sizes small.
Prices higher than we had thought. Am not one to complain when you pay for a good meal and service but in this case think you could find much better for the price and service.
Most mains were in high $20's early $30. Quality of food was just. Had no pepper in shakers, had to ask twice until they finally found one that had the tiniest amount, waited a considerable time to be served and then to receive drinks. All were disappointed and would not go back. To expect to charge high prices, service and food selections need to be improved.

2  Thank Loveagreathotel
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Although I'm an infrequent diner, I've never been disappointed.

Reviewed June 3, 2011

We booked by phone 40 minutes prior to arriving at the restaurant and sat down on arrival. The restaurant was full on arrival at 7.30 pm. over peak holliday time I'd suggest you book a couple of days in advanced (It'll be worth it). Clients were still arriving after 9pm.Entrees of Bruschetta Al Pomodora with melted mozzarella on grilled tomato with olive oil drizzled on the plate. Ostriche which appeared to be oysters kilpatrick. The oysters were the largest oysters I have come across (from Bruny Island). My wife had Pollo Involtini for her main which consisted of pancetta wrapped chicken breasts stuffed with bocconini and spinach and gnocci with a sauce of creamy basil and pine nuts. I had the Filetto which was eye fillet steak on a bed of mashed potatoe and red wine jus. The steak was cooked to perfection and the chicken likewise. Desserts were Tiramisu and Strawberry Panna Cotta. both were made in the restaurant, the Tiramisu was to kill for. The atmosphere was a bit noisy but not overly so. Indication was that everyone was enjoying themselves. The statff were very attentive and knowledgable about the meals and very friendly. The dishes arrived in a timely manner and not rushed. An all over a very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

Unflustered service gives plenty of time for the main meal of rabbit rissoto, slow cooked duck and red white and green chicken (peppers, bocconcini,spinach) and basil pesto gnocci to settle before the sticky fig pudding and ferrero rocher gelato. A lingering goodbye over an expresso, amaro, grappa or limoncello fortifies for lifting the coat collar against the wet winter air. Will return again for the bork belly and veal ragu. One apertivo was forgotten but by that stage who cares and it was efficiently remedied. Fully licensed.