“Really enjoyed the food and atmosphere”
Review of Criterion St Cafe

Criterion St Cafe
Ranked #5 of 36 Coffee & Tea in Hobart
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Enjoyed a quick weekday lunch with a friend who is a fan of Criterion Street café. Another fan created! While great company helped the atmosphere, of course, this café has a wonderful menu with lots of veggie options and some retro charm. The non-veg menu choices were appealing too. I had trouble choosing because too many dishes appealed - a welcome dilemma. The upstairs seating area is sparse and quirky, but comfortable and fits this cafe's relaxed style well, providing an alternative to the communal table or outdoor seating downstairs. My veggie burger was delicious, huge and MOIST (a rarity - I've choked down many chaff burgers), didn't rely on curry powder or chilli for it's flavour and came with a fabulous relish. The haloumi salad seemed to have a whole haloumi in it (seriously, there was a huge amount of cheese) and was pronounced fabulous. Coffee arrived quickly and was just as ordered (extra hot). Staff were relaxed and friendly. Prices were very reasonable. I'll be back.

There are newer reviews for Criterion St Cafe

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

I'm here for a week for work every 8 weeks & it's like coming home when I come here for breakfast, just wish I had more time to linger! Staff are super friendly & the coffee is great! Meals are large & yummy! Fresh juices too! Love you guys!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Pros: Fantastic, filling meals, friendly staff, great hot chocolate, great location!

Cons: Can get a little busy and crowded at times and top floor seating can be a bit chilly if seated near the windows.

All in all a fantastic spot that we love to visit! As Molly would say "do yourself a favour.." ;)

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch after arriving in Hobart. Place was well presented with energetic service staff. We all enjoyed our food and drinks. Well presented food. The wife found the sweetness of the sugared pistachios in the cous cous too sweet for the dish, I however enjoyed eating them once she was done.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Food and coffee were delicious. A cool little cafe on a side-street in the city.

We were walking past and decided to go in for a coffee before we left for the airport. But the food looked and smelt so good that we had a quick bite to eat.

The cinnamon salted caramel waffles were delicious as was the unusual savoury french toast.

My new favourite cafe in Hobart.