Clydesdale Manor
$186
$144
The Henry Jones
Grand Chancellor Hotel Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$160
$93
  • Pool
Motel 429(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$94
$84
Agoda.com
Lenna of Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$154
$94
Agoda.com
The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$160
$89
$106
$91
  • Restaurant
Hadley's Orient Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$173
Islington Hotel(Hobart)
$317
$240
Agoda.com
All reviewsfudgesandy bay roaddrawing roomcomplimentary portother guestsbreakfast roomguest loungethe ground floorposter bedyogurtbreakfast is servedbattery pointeach afternoonmain roadbeautiful buildingmodern conveniencesdouble glazing
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We had originally planned to stay at the Henry Jones which we've enjoyed before but it was fully booked (Dr's convention - go figure). So off to the Clydesdale Manor, and I think it might win out on a future trip.

A couple of things we liked.

1. The room was comfortable, original and the bathroom's heated floor was a big hit. We had no noise problems even though we were at the front side of the manor facing the road.
2. The breakfast was excellent - Wayne is a great chef and the custom ordered daily specials are worth a trip by themselves. The menu changes daily.
3. Super service. We got insider restaurant and museum recommendations and Wayne and Lynne handled the bookings for us. We ate at the fantastic Me Wah which is right beside the guesthouse.

So, a different kind of trip than a hotel and very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Make sure you have the heated bathroom floor - comfy.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank djmp-ca
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We have a group of 13 and I thought it would be nice to stay in this place as it have 7 rooms. We took up the whole place as if it is our own house, the owner Wayne and Lynne were wonderful host and hostess, they are discrete and always there when we needed a helping hand. Lovely , clean , tastefully decorated rooms, the breakfast were freshly made every morning. It is located on a main road, thus traffic noise in the front rooms.

Room Tip: There is only one King size bed , the rest is double, if you need to sleep in a big bed , besure to request that room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank PrettyTrish
Reviewed September 18, 2011

First night in a "superior " room with old painted side tables and traffic noise we were then 'upgraded' as a complimentary offer to a "deluxe" room which was more in keeping with the expectations gained from the outside 'look' ie georgian.A pity the 'upgrade cost us the difference, a matter not seen on the bill until later unfortunately. This bedroom was good but the fridge cabinet in 'mock teak' let the rest of the dark furniture down for the look of the room. No noise as this room was double glazed - necessary for a main road frontage. Expensive anyway the breakfast is extra and charged by the item - but with a minimum charge of $17.50 and not even a cooked option it was way too much for anyone who might just want a light breakfast - go to the waterfront not 5 minutes by car and get a good deal!
Service was good but skimpy room service -eg after one day of no service (requested) the next service did not replace but left our previously half used shampoos and lotions to be used again by us - surely it would be good to replace with a full shampoo tube - thats almost mean! Having said that it was well managed and the owner Wayne was very helpful.

Room Tip: Agree a rate for the front deluxe room on the ground floor and go out for breakfast
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank AucklandBronwyn
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My wife and I travelled to Hobart for a 4 day - quick trip from Sydney. It was her birthday and I wanted to spoil her a little. I booked a room at Henry Jones Art Hotel and found that even though I had a reasonable budget - I could only really justify the base room. I read the trusty Trip Advisor reviews (yet again) and found Clydesdale Manor. A lovely B & B with very good reviews. I decided to phone directly and Wayne immediately was friendly and helpful in the booking process. He suggested some very helpful ideas about what to see and where to eat. I found this really useful as it helped me get the most out of a short Tassie experience.
When we actually arrived in Hobart, we were delighted to find a lovely Georgian manor placed in a very central spot. The place was spotlessly clean and they had warmed the room up for us knowing we woud arrive early evening on a cold day. We stayed upstairs in a really nice room that was quite large and had an excellent view of mysterious Mt Wellingington.

Breakfast was lovely and Lynne and Wayne excellent hosts. I felt we got value for money and a premium experience. I have travelled a fair bit and I rate this B&B as one of the very best I have seen in Australia. THis is largely due to the hosts, their attention to detail and the lovely property. Highly recommended indeed!

Room Tip: I would go for a view of the Mountain - they are all nice rooms
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jgibbons
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My wife and I loved this place. Truly unique and a must do if you are in Hobart

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple