“Just a bridge”

$123.25*
Private Richmond Food and Wine Day Trip from Hobart
Ranked #18 of 140 things to do in Hobart
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Travelled across it a few times and until I saw these reviews, didn't think of it as an attraction.
Apart from living in Sydney with one of the world's most appealing bridges, have seen many others that stand out and this doesn't rate

1  Thank RonWamberal

Reviewed January 8, 2013

The bridge is visible from so many places it is iconic and part of the Hobart experience. Have not reviewed a bridge before but can report that it works as advertised:-}}

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We crossed the Tasman Bridge a couple of times on our way to and from Port Arthur. While it's the most impressive bridge in Tasmania, it doesn't compare in scale and length to many others we've seen on our travels.

1  Thank jchong
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Long, sleek, uncluttered by loads of traffic or unnecessary structure, it's clean lines compliment the view from the surrounding suburbs and add interest to a ferry ride underneath as it spans the mighty Derwent.

1  Thank Blanksia
Reviewed December 6, 2012

It seems weird to review a bridge in my home city which I think of as being a way of getting from my side of the river to the city (on the less beautiful Western Shore :-)) But, when I think about it, it really does have highlights. As kids, it was the 'dinosaur bridge' to my brothers and I - because of it's shape, and it was cool to admire from a distance. It's pretty at night. It provides good views of the city and surrounds as you drive over it. But for me, the highlight is walking or cycling over it. It has bike track/walking track on both sides, and is an easy walk (looks steep, but really isn't - I'm not that fit and can do it easily) and fairly easy ride over. The walking/bike track surrounding it on each side is also nice. Walking or riding over it (if possible, choose a day that's not too windy) provides marvellous views up and down the river and over all many suburbs. It feels quite powerful being up there. I've been over the Golden Gate Bridge and others, and I really do think this is just as spectacular in many ways, if not as famous. If you happen to have a chance, it's great to walk/run over it in the main car lanes. You can't often do this, but 'run the bridge' an annual fun run currently held in January gives you the opportunity - I did it one year, and it was amazing - even though I was puffed out and wondering why I was doing a 10km 'fun' run (there's a 5km version too), I still enjoyed it. In short, if you're in Hobart, you'll inevitably go over it/be near it. It's worth a look, and I'd recommend walking or cycling over it (it's only a short walk from the city along the bike track too).