“Food was great, wait was not.”
Review of The Burger Haus

The Burger Haus
Ranked #76 of 623 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My two under tens and I went out for dinner here on sat night because I'd heard great things about burgers and chips in fryer baskets, and decadent milk shakes. All of this turned out to be true. This popular little niche ala Burger Got Soul or Flip in Launny has a sort of more down to earth feel with a greeter at the door and great order taker at the bench. They have a bigger menu than BGS, with a wider variety of lamb burger and veggie burgers and purportedly offering vegan(?) and gluten free options.

All that being said, do not take your hungry under tens and self there after I'd say 5.30 on a Friday/Saturday night, or wait until about 7.30-8 if this is an option - or order takeaway. This small space was crowded and lined up practically out the door, great for business, but stuffy and loud. We shared a small corner of a table with a larger louder family.

I probably won't go back to eat rather try a phone order and pick up.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stopped off with the family to try burger haus after hearing many good things and was not disappointed.

Was greeted at the door by a member of staff who quickly familiarized us with the surrounds and where to find water, cutlery etc.

The menu is extensive and appealing. I ordered the haus burger with an extra pattie and it was a monstrous thing and OMG was the best burger I have ever had (only just and thats a big call). It was fresh and the patties were juicy and packed with flavour.

My son wanted just a chicken pattie and chips which was not on the menu but the request was warmly accomodated and the chef especially came out to our table to check how we wanted it done.

My partner had the electric blue burger and this was also very nice.

Overall the place is very clean, nicely decorated, the food was to die for and the music was a definite hit with my 5yo son - love those power ballads!!

Oh almost forgot - the ferrero rocher milkshakes are the BOMB!! expensive but awesome.

Overall I would definitely recommend this place and will be back. Its quite pricey so its definitely a special occasion destination rather than an everyday place. Reading a couple of other reviews on this site about the birthday cake - I think burger haus should definitely review their policy on that front - definitely does not add value to their brand I am sorry to say.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were curious to check it out as we had noticed awhile ago that something new was going into the premises. Great decor fantastic atmosphere. Excellent food range something for everyone. Only tiny fault I could pick and people will think its odd is that the fans and air con are filthy like they've just been overlooked in the renovation.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Have visited Burger Haus 3 times now and will keep on returning. On our last visit, I paired the chocolate mint shake with a burger. This is a regret, as the shake is a meal in itself and I was only just able to finish my burger. Would not order the shake again, just stick to the excellent food on offer.
I highly recommend the fries with aioli dip.

Often there are too many people crammed into the small room and it is too cold to sit outside.
Will continue to return when visiting Hobart.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I went to the Burger Haus for the first time for a quick get together after a big work event - looking to eat and celebrate but not take too long at it and with a mixed group of people in terms of likes. The varied menu catered to all of us including our vegetarian work mate and the food arrived quite promptly for a busy evening - it was midweek and they were nearly full when we arrived at seven. I liked the quirky decor but felt the seating was a little overcrowded. The food was well presented and everyone ate everything on the plate. Personally my chicken burger was fine but not exciting and the chilli salsa had no heat. The overall experience however was a good one with everyone leaving well fed, happy with the evening and all at a reasonable price.