On our Tassie trip last August, we picked EGB&B for our Hobart days and never regret. Our room was spacious, clean and warm. The hosts were extremely friendly and helpful with all our requests for information. Kudos to you both, David and Penelope!
Breakfast was ample. There's a painting I loved in the living room with a girl laying down in a tiny boat on dark, dark water. We stayed for 2 nights then left for Lake St. Clair national park.
I highly recommend this lovely place for anyone looking for a b&b type accommodation in Hobart!
Klos and Dane from BKK, THAILAND
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Edinburgh Gallery Bed & Breakfast your "Home away from home", I'm John your host. Rated 3 1/2 star Edinburgh Gallery Bed & Breakfast offers moderately priced accommodation with a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and free continental breakfast, right in the heart of Hobart easy walking distance from everything. My bed & Breakfast is in a grand Edwardian/Federation house built in 1908 and is full of retro furnishings. It has 9 spacious majestically proportioned rooms, five with ensuites and four with shared bathroom facilities. Throughout the building there are high ceilings, sweeping staircases and stacks of old world charm. Each room is individually decorated in a distinctive "hip-heritage" style and all rooms have a television, bar fridge, and tea and coffee making facilities. Since taking over the business in April 2014 I have provided new doonas and pillows, high standard professionally laundered linen as well as electric blankets all round and loads of spare blankets in the cupboard. Our breakfast room with adjoining cafe` is available throughout the day and night and is well stocked with a good range of cereals and breads (including gluten free), as well as fresh jams, honey and peanut butter from the local farmer's market. The breakfast room provides the opportunity to meet other guests and many a warm conversation has been had here in the relaxed "make yourself at home" atmosphere. Our guest lounge has television with DVD and a wide range of DVDs on hand. Free Wi-Fi is available. Paintings and interesting artifacts are on display throughout the house. There is free car parking behind the house so you can leave your car and explore the city on foot - the CBD and historic tourist precincts - SalamancaPlace and Market, Constitution Dock and Battery Point, the waterfront art and craft galleries and restaurants; the Museum and Art Gallery are all an easy walk. Its two minutes' walk to the Transit Centre and the Airport shuttle stops at the door. Edinburgh Galley B & B caters for couples, singles, families and is gay-friendly. Attractions Rated 3.5 star with 9 rooms, 10 minute walk from CBD, Salamanca Waterfront area, Museum, Art Gallery & Battery Point. Multiple restaurants nearby. Short drive to Mount Wellington, Cascade Brewery, Female Factory, Royal Botanical Gardens, Cadbury Chocolate Factory & MONA (Museum of Old & New Art). Central location makes it ideal to day trip to Port Arthur, Historic Richmond & Bruny Island Location From Airport proceed South towards Hobart along the Tasman Highway. On arrival in the town centre the highway becomes a one way street known as Davey Street. Macquarie St is the parallel one way street going the opposite direction. Proceed along Davey St till you see the Soho pub this is Molle St, turn right, cross over Macquarie which is the next street & take the first driveway to you right to enter the rear parking of the B & B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Edinburgh Gallery Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Gallery Hotel Hobart
- Edinburgh Gallery b&b
- Edinburgh Gallery Bed And Breakfast Hobart, Tasmania