“Would have been nice to compare”
Review of Savoy Day Spa

Savoy Day Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Spas & Wellness in Hobart
More attraction details
Owner description: Savoy Day Spa is the premier location in Hobart to experience the ultimate luxury in massage and beauty treatments. Relax and unwind and let us take you on a sensory journey.
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Would have been nice to compare”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I visited this establishment 2 years ago. I thought it was average but I had read reviews that it has improved and I was interested to check it out. I was given a voucher last Christmas from my kids. Most vouchers are for 12 months and the voucher just had valid from...or so I thought. I phoned to make an appointment, which would have been for treatments over double the value of the voucher, to be told the very fine print that I could not read (with my old eyes) that vouchers there expire after 6 months and they do not honour them after that. So, unfortunately I cannot provide a comparison of any makeover of the place, but I would have to say that the reception was only average, as most establishments honour vouchers after 6 months especially where the client will spend a lot more, I had been sick and unable to use during this time, and they may have had repeat business from a local.

Visited December 2013
5 Thank Mary C

Surfers Paradise, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Bad and Good”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Not to sure where to start with this review so I will start with the good.

On my stay in TAS, some friends took me here and advised my that they had a fantastic facial and swim last year and really wanted me to come and experience the spa!

Upon getting to the spa we felt as if the man at the counter did not speak English very well and wasn't really happy to be at work, that instantly made us all feel unwelcome.

But Upon entering the Spas, Pools, Steam room It was Beautiful!!
To find such a nice place under the City of Hobart was to good to be true!

BUT... Then came my facial, the room was nice but the lady that had done my facial was not so nice. She had no experience or knowledge about the products she was using and the worst part was Her hand smelt like Smokes, and her clothing... to be completely honest it was gross.. and I highly advise not getting a facial with that therapist. Cant remember her name. Started with L I think.
Besides the unprofessional / expensive facial the pools are by far worth the money!

I had tried to speak with the manager to advise him/her of the smelly hands but I felt I was spoken to rudely and pushed away by the Lady at reception upon our leaving.

Please take this review with advise and enjoy the spas, and make sure you get the right people for your treatment and you will love the place!

Visited June 2013
11 Thank LiveforSurf
Daintree
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“What a surprise! Huge improvement!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I came here years ago & even then I found it a welcome sanctuary from what was then a cold & windy Hobart.
Fast forward a few years & I was amazed at how different it was.
As a Masseur & past Day Spa Manager I'm always on the look out for havens like this in cities.
Savoy has been completely overhauled & done beautifully. I loved it so much I went twice!
The new look is sleek, modern & super clean. I enjoyed a facial in the newly renovated treatment rooms which were whisper quiet. I spent the next hour drifting form the Steam Room, Sauna then a cooling splash in the pool. This is the perfect end to a day at The MONA!

Visited June 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great treatment at Savoy Day Spa”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

For my birthday my husband bought me a gift voucher for Savoy day spa and after reading some of the reviews I was not sure what to expect. I booked in for a vitamin c facial and was really happy with the treatment. The beautician did a great job and I really enjoyed the treatment. The only regret I had was due to other commitments I couldn't stay and enjoy the pools. Next time I would use the pools then have a treatment!

Visited April 2013
Gold Coast, Queensland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for Hobart's seasonal weather”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I visited the spa while I was in Hobart on business. It was a beautiful spa with everything you could need... Staff were brilliant and friendly. Surprised to see any bad reviews at all as I saw nothing wrong with it at all. Great way to take a break, would recommend to all!

Visited January 2013