Wrest Point Water Edge
$233
$143
The Henry Jones
Lenna of Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$154
$110
Grand Chancellor Hotel Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$156
$93
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Lodge on Elizabeth(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$103
$82
  • Breakfast included
Motel 429(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$93
$86
Agoda.com
The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$174
$92
  • Restaurant
Hadley's Orient Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$186
Islington Hotel(Hobart)
$264
$247
Agoda.com
All reviewspier restaurantstarting to show its agestunning water viewsderwent rivermain towerolder partdated hotelwell maintained and cleanbuffet restaurantroom was cleanaverage roombig hotelbedroom windowbath showerstep back in timeguest laundryold building
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Professional courteous reception staff and valets. Rooms very neat and comfy. Views a million. But do yourself a favour and dont include the breakfast buffet in your stay. What looks great and smells great is tasteless or over cooked. Toast and Juice were great but i dont know how much effort it took to make bland tasteless chewy and sour foods but they excel at it here.
Having said that we grabbed a coffee and cake at the Snacks bar the night before and it was excellent. Might need to swap the chefs around.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaneilC
Reviewed October 10, 2013

From the doorman to reception staff to the charming waitress in the Pier One restaurant, I could not fault the service. The room was great value for money and the bathroom fresh and clean. We are staying again on NYE and this time have booked a room overlooking the harbour. Will definitely return to the restaurant overlooking the water and boats.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I (no, I'm not the queen) stayed here over last weekend in September and we could not have been happier. All the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant, our room, although one of the original casino rooms, had been recently painted and was clean and cheerful. The bed was new and comfy with crisp clean white sheets. The view over the bay, watching the ducks waddle about was a highlight. We could not fault anything during our stay. We will go again and recommend it to all our friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christine P
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Although the staff were friendly and helpful unfortunately the rooms are in desparate need of an upgrade. The bed sagged in the middle which was dissapointing but the room and bathroom was clean which is the most important for me. Staff from breakfast, housekeeping and Reservations were all pleasant and helpful.
There were 4 rooms travelling in our party and all rooms were the same.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Darren M
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I thought it was about time I updated my 2012 review of Waters Edge as it appears to be the most viewed of all my contributions. We stayed here earlier this year (2013) and I feel it's worth another review.
Although the room was basically clean and comfortable and fairly good value for where it is and the great views, the whole Waters Edge wing seems to be waiting for a desperately needed update. For instance and as another reviewer has noticed, the old CRT TV is quite bizarre in this level of accommodation (I even saw a nice flat screen in the fish shop up the road).
I don't quite understand what Federal Hotels is doing to the Casino - it just seems to be turning into a worn, tired facility, exploiting its position on the waterfront and its full gambling license. But hey! Guess what! the rest of Australia now has casinos too!! (and some pretty flashy ones at that).
I'm sorry to say I would probably look elsewhere if you can - most of the accommodation closer to town is newer or has been updated more recently. The free parking is an upside though...
Maybe things will change after Federal Hotels sale of their other resorts - this place quickly needs a large renovation and 'reinvention'. This style of Casino doesn't cut it these days (it was pretty snazzy in the early 1980s) - the tourists are more worldly and expect more.

Room Tip: All the Water's Edge rooms have lovely views across the Derwent river.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family