“Not quite there, but good attempt”
Review of Crumb Street Kitchen - CLOSED

Crumb Street Kitchen
Cuisines: International
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Hmmmmz... This place is very tricky to review. Compared to all the good BBQ places in the United States, this place doesn't compare to the quality over there...
In saying that, Australians haven't quite grasped the method of cooking/smoking or serving a good quality BBQ. Also with the labour intensive process of cooking BBQ, would the Australian cost of food drive up the cost of a good BBQ to out of reach of the average diner??
In essence, Crumb Street Kitchen REALLY does a good job of trying to bring the American BBQ to Tasmanians. Needs to perfect it a little more, but also introduce a brisket and mac & cheese.
I give them a 3.5 out of 5

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I've been here for lunch a few times now. The food is tasty and the meat is cooked really nicely. However, I have noticed an increase in their prices without an increase in quality or quantity.
They serve their food in a pizza box (even if you're eating in) which is cool and hipster and when you've finished, it is asked that you chuck it all in the bin. That's cool with me, although actual real plates are cool too. However, there is NO RECYCLING BIN FOR YOUR DRINK BOTTLE/CANS.
I asked the girl at the counter and she rudely stated that people got the two confused and she was sick of sorting out the bins after. Clearly this girl's priorities do not extend to saving the environment, or clearly marking the bins so customers can do this for her.
Save your money (and the environment) and get your tasty pulled pork elsewhere.

3  Thank PorridgeEngineer13
Reviewed May 3, 2014

After heading back there a few times, CSK still have no equal in providing smoked meats and great American bbq'd meat in Hobart.

The menu has the standard fare of cuts which they provide daily with occasional specials. The chicken drumsticks were awesome, although sold out fast. Facebook is your friend to be informed.

I love the side dishes. The coleslaw was crisp, tangy and light. The spicy beans were rich in flavour. Both sides perfectly accompanied the Tri tips, pulled pork, beef belly and chicken drumsticks. I did get a little jealous of the beef rib being enjoyed on the next table.

And if you don't like the decor (which I happen to think works well), you can always take away!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I'd heard on the grapevine from quite a lot of people that this was an amazing place to go. So we decided to check it out, and ended up being a bit disappointed. The service was good, and the staff happily explained all aspects of the menu to us. We chose quite a few things to try, but were disappointed with the amount of food we ended up getting for the price. The food was ok, but nothing to rave about. My cat seemed to quite like the brisket, but the fact the cat was getting it indicates how thrilled I was with it. The coleslaw was really quite awful, and we ended up throwing most of it away. Their homemade sauce was pretty good though, but we only got a tiny amount of it. I wouldn't say I'd never go back again, but I certainly won't be making any huge effort.

3  Thank Ellen1975
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

This is rather unusual with no fine dining and backyard chairs with cable pylon reels for tables. Add the fake grass floor and the burgers are delivered in pizza boxes. Diffrrent. But the burgers were good and home made buns a delight.
Well worth a visit for a quick lunch.

1  Thank aus_gregg