“Great start to a sunny Sunday!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pollen Tea Room
Ranked #8 of 40 Coffee & Tea in Hobart
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great start to a sunny Sunday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Nestled amongst the historic buildings of battery point. This was an excellent way to start a sunny Sunday morning. We sat out the back in a little courtyard. Food was fantastic. Had the Green Eggs and my wife had the Bircher muesli. Very tasty! Worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013

Glengarry, Australia
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We enjoyed a very delicious Sunday breakfast here. We were warmly greeted and the staff (owner?) helped us decide what to order.
I had the breakfast trifle - maple muesli, yogurt and fruit - with a pot of organic chai. The chai was possibly the best I've ever tasted.
My friend was also very impressed with her tea and bircher muesli.
I think we arrived just in time to grab the last couple of seats at the window, as there's not much room inside and it was a bit cool to be outside. However, I imagine the garden will be a wonderful place to eat in summer.
The atmosphere, friendly service and obvious pride in their food/drink, made this a really special place, and I look forward to eating there again on my next visit to Hobart.

• Visited September 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Best chai tea ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We went because of its reputation and to sample its chai tea latte. It was quite a treat. Another reviewer said of the tea room “it's quaint, it's quirky, the owners are friendly and charming.” I couldn’t agree more. We had a delightful time in this cute, gorgeous little café, with lots of repartee with the owners, a nice selection of food on the menu and counter. It is warm and cosy for all the right reasons. As for the chai tea, you have to come here for this drink. None of that sickly syrup that comes from a bottle that many cafés serve, this is homemade, with all the spice pods and black tea in perfect balance. Served in quaint little teapots and accompanied by a homemade cookie, it hit the spot perfectly on a fine but cool winter’s afternoon. If I was a local I would be in danger of visiting much too regularly.

Hobart
“Fabulous Chocolate Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Pollen Tearoom makes the best hot chocolate in Hobart. The tea list is extensive and the coffee great. I visit with friends and family as often as I can (at least once a fortnight). The menu is small but interesting and the food fresh and imaginative. I love the whimsical decor and warm, friendly service.

Hobart, Australia
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I wanted to treat my daughter to a hot chocolate after church this morning. We both decided on the pollen tea rooms as had heard lovely things about it. We walked in and it felt claustrophobic with nowhere to sit other than outside at a table. The music was also very loud for the size of the room. The hot chocolate was very bitter and both of us could not bring ourselves to finish them. Found to be expensive for the size of the cup. Can get cheaper and nicer in Sydney and Melbourne.

• 2 of 5 bubbles