“unfriendly, fickle service”

Basket & Green
Ranked #155 of 594 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hobart, Australia
“unfriendly, fickle service”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I love some of the staff, but the owner seems moody... I have seen some customers get treated very badly,while others are indulged. The food is quite nice... mostly. I don't feel comfortable here... it's a shame! Such potential and a great spot.

• Visited February 2013
positive139, Owner at Basket & Green, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hello
Thank you so much for your review, all feedback is important to us as it helps us improve the experience of all those at basket&green. I am unhappy to hear that you have felt uncomfortable in our establishment. My intention for basket&green is for it to be like my kitchen, where friends come to eat and chat. I apologise profusely if I have come off as moody and fickle. I will often sit with our regulars and talk, however, rest assured they are no more important than any other customers at basket&green, the reason I can sit and talk is because these customers are so regular they have become friends. If you would like to pop in I would love to be able to explain this in person, perhaps over a coffee? On us of course!

“Terrible service and bad coffee”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Meeting friends for breakfast I have never had such bad service in Hobart. Coffee was brought to table spilling over with no offer of a napkin or apology do it dropped dell down my shirt .. It was a weak dishwater flavored coffee to match with the sloppy service. My breakfast was okay but having to ask for salt and pepper and be huffed at wasn't a good start to the day. Won't be returning. Especially when there are fantastic places nearby serving beautiful coffee with a smile!!!

• Visited March 2013
Dear Spoonable
As the owner of basket&green I am so sorry to hear of your experience with us. I am also sorry that it has taken me so long to respond to you, I have only recently become aware that basket&green is on tripadvisor and as such have only just read your review. Unfortunately during your visit to basket&green we were conducting staff tryouts and it is unfortunate that you experienced one of the unsuccessful applicants. As for your coffee I am saddened that it was made so badly. We at basket&green pride ourselves on our coffee and have used the same blend for seventeen years. If you are able, we would be delighted for you to come in for a chat with brekkie on us. Thank you so much for your review, feedback is always welcomed, as it helps us to make the basket&green experience the best it can possibly be.