“There's better Indian food than this in Sandy bay”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Bombay House - CLOSED

Bombay House
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hobart, Australia
“There's better Indian food than this in Sandy bay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

While the venue and service left nothing to complain about, the food was not up to the standard that is available in other indian restaurants. We diagnosed that some of the sauces the food was cooked in were off supermarket shelves, as was the garlic naan. If you are in Sandy Bay and want Indian food with a wow factor try Chillies next door or Ganges just up the road opposite Shell.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Pdunchob

Tasmania, Aust
“Lost its appeal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were invited by friends but can honestly say we have had better meals here. The waiter was attentive, but when we asked for a naan bread at the start we didn't want one plate EACH. It's poor form to say " you might as well eat it because you will have to pay for all four!" My medium-hot chicken curry had no heat, my husbands beef tandoori was salty and tough. Maybe just a bad night, I am not sure...

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank bellalab
Hobart
“So So Tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I went out with my 5 friends last night. Meal was one of the best indian meals I have had in tassie! Cheese naan so so tasty.. They had a special menu of the day which I havn't seen in an indian restaurant before in tassie that was interesting. We picked up a chicken dish from the todays special menu and I could eat it every day it was so tasty.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank John C
Hobart, Australia
“Attitude problem”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to,this restaurant since it opened and always had good food and service.today I was treated so rudely when i arrived to pick up a large takeaway order and was told i had the wrong time and then after saying i was crabby said he refused to cook the food

Arrogance

Visited August 2013
2 Thank tina1922
“Amazing food , fresh and tender.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I only got takeaway so I can not speak for eating in but the lady serving me was polite, hospitable and willing to cater to my request for potatoes to be added to the most delicious rogan josh I have had out of 8 other Indian restaurants I have sampled from. The sauce was perfect, potatoes amazing and the lamb was so tender without any gristle or fatty chewy bits to be found anywhere. I was also very impressed with the fact that they source their meats and dairy direct from Tassie. It is the 8th Indian restaurant I have been to since moving to Hobart in November 2012 and I can say it will be one that I will frequent again. Highly recommend rogan josh lamb.

• Visited August 2013