“Fun time in Hobart!”

Hobart Bike Hire
Ranked #16 of 51 Outdoor Activities in Hobart
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hobart Bike Hire has a selection of well maintained late model bicycles and electric bicycles available from our Brooke Street Depot. We are situated next door to the Quest Hotel on the Waterfront. We are around 300m from the Hobart Cruise Ship Terminal, and very close to the Salamanca tourist hot spot.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had such a good time with our first experience of electric bikes. Ian was a wonderful host and Hobart Bike Hire was on the same dock as our ship. We rode out to MONA in the morning and then left the bikes with Ian while we went back to the ship for lunch. Picked them up again for an afternoon ride out the other direction. Electric bikes are a kick and Hobart has great bike trails. Thank you Ian for a wonderful experience!

1  Thank McCallTraveler
HobartBikeHire, Owner at Hobart Bike Hire, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2014

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your lovely review, and to all the others who have gone before, my excuse is I have only recently found how to get into the owners side of Trip Advisor.

But thank you guys, and to the others who have made the effort to do a review.

Regards Ian.

There are newer reviews for Hobart Bike Hire

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife and I had a great time riding Ian's electric bikes. These were our first time doing this and the charge seemed to last fairly long. It was a great way to tour Hobart.

1  Thank Al B
Reviewed November 25, 2013

When my sister (who loves the outdoors, but isn't into tours) came to visit me, here in Hobart, I had to rack my brain for things to do. I decided on hiring bikes as the weather was warmer than usual and picked this business because of the great reviews. We absolutely loved the electric bikes. We zoomed off towards MONA and back. We even got to experience a puncture, but Ian was there to swap us a replacement bike so quickly that it didn't interfere with our travel plans at all. I definitely recommend this to everyone.

1  Thank Laurel C
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We hired the electric bikes and had the most amazing ride of about 40 klms. We turned off the electric back up when we wanted so definitely got exercise out of it but it made it so much more enjoyable without the full on effort of riding. The track was amazing and very easy to manoeuvre even for a novice rider.

All in all a great experience

1  Thank Deb B
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Ian's a delight to deal with and is very keen for you to enjoy Hobart - and what a great way to do that with an electric bike.

Our group rode out to MONA along the dedicated bike track - fantastic. The bikes were brilliant (you hardly have to pedal) and the track just perfect.

A great way to see Hobart and a terrific service provided. Well worth a try.

2  Thank TravelBugged2008