“Great wine list and a nice selection of tapas”
Review of Grape Wine Bar

Grape Wine Bar
Ranked #82 of 614 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: An industrial wine bar in the heart of Salamanca, serving tapas, wine, exsquisite cocktails, craft beer & boutique spirits.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Had a glass or two of wine and some tapas for dinner...very good selection and unusual combinations. Has a good wine bar vibe although a little noisy.

There are newer reviews for Grape Wine Bar

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I just love this place. The atmosphere is just like being in a wine cellar (heaven for me), I love the wine bottles stacked on every wall, the industrial chairs, the farmhouse tables, the nooks with comfy lounges and cushions and the subdued lighting from the single bulb light fittings. The organic apple cider is delightfully refreshing, crisp and not too sweet. The whiskey is smooth and silky and the Pinot selection is considered and very good. The staff are very efficient and obliging. The food menu is most adequate bearing in mind it is a bar and the wood fired pizza I ordered came swiftly and hit the spot! This is a great place to go on a cold night to relax with a warming red.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was looking for a bottle shop and was told I get what I wanted t here....it was a great restaurant, atmosphere was great, food looked really good. The wine is kept in locked cages around the circumference of the restaurant/bar only to be accessed by the bar staff with a drill. loved it.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I ate here with my husband when we were looking for somewhere low-key on a Sunday night. It wasn't busy, probably only about half full. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable, food wasn't fancy but tasty and satisfying. The chorizo with white beans was a winner. If you're a vegetarian there aren't many options (not a problem for me), and for my taste the pizza was a little oily and overloaded with toppings, but that's probably more of a personal preference. After a couple of drinks each and five shared plates, we were full and happy for under $100, better value than Smolt where we went the night. All up a very positive experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went on a busy Friday night and sat at the bar as there was nowhere to sit. As we sat down a very young looking lad came straight over to us and asked us what we wanted so we asked for a menu. When we asked about something on the menu he told us he was new and didn't know so would go ask someone who would know. We watched him go ask someone else and they didn't know either so watched them go to kitchen and ask and came back with an explanation like a Chinese whisper. There was a lot of staff working and it seemed like it was everyone's first night working. Really disorgsnised. Then a guy came to the bar and asked for another "shandy" and the barman had absolutely no idea what it was. 3 people had to tell him what it was and in the end another barman came over and made it. It was a comedy of errors.

We ordered some bar snacks and the food was really good and came in no time...seems the kitchen staff gave got it together but the bar staff are absent.

As we were sitting right at the bar we noticed that the staff were just standing around chatting to each other and not being very attentive but were very robotic in asking "how's the food"?