“Indian food like it should be.”
Review of Mother india

Mother india
Ranked #102 of 604 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
australia
“Indian food like it should be.”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have recently moved back from the UK and had some great curry there and have struggled to find it in our local area and going to Hobart we have found what we were looking for. The service and staff were so friendly. So many Great Choices on the menu. They do it mild for me too. Fantastic food. Can't rave on enough.

Visited June 2014

• Polish first
Hobart, Australia
“delecious and spicy food”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Last monday I went to mother India restaurant with my friends and we eat chicken tikka and two different curries which was oooohh delecious and spicy. I really love those foods and I will go there again and again....

• Visited May 2014
Hobart, Australia
“Excellent food”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Went out with the bridal party before our wedding the food was excellent. I loved the lamb chops never had them like that before. This is the best Indian food that I have had in hobart. And the service was great.

• Visited May 2014
Hobart
“Best experience”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Booked a table of 41 for celebrating my Birthday. Everyone loved the food, service was excellent. Even after the dinner they allowed us to have bit of Bollywood dance which was very kind of them. Overall everyone were impressed and they told they would go back there again for sure.

• Visited April 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“great food , great service”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

On holidays from Queensland, we were looking for a BYO restaurant so that we could enjoy some of the lovely tassie wines we had purchased with our meal. Found "mother india" . Man seemed friendly on the phone when I booked. Service was great, with our waitress was friendly helpfull and efficient. We had vege pakhoras with were delicious and service with raita and a lovely mango dipping sauce. We ordered a very hot vindaloo and a medium chicken tikka marsala, rice , naan. We actually had a conversation with the waitress regarding the heat of vindaloo and she said if it wasnt hot enough she would bring out a very very hot sauce. My chicken tikka marsala was beautiful and the yummiest I have ever had, it seemed more genuine than commercial and you could see the tiny mustard seeds in it, yum! The vindaloo was hot hot but not as hot as my partner has been known to eat it. When the waitress came to check and offer the hot sauce, my partner, who I thought would jump at the chance to try something rediculously hot, declined saying that the flavours were so awesome he was just going to enjoy it as it was. Thank you for a lovely night and the best indian food we have ever had.

• Visited March 2014