“A great Chinese Feed at a reasonable price”
Review of Mu Lan Restaurant

Mu Lan Restaurant
Ranked #129 of 633 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you hunting for a news restaurant to try then Mulan apparently has not been open that long.

We had the eggplant and the dumplings for entree and prawns and duck breast and green vegetables for our main - all very good, well pried and good servings of each.

If you are looking for a meal in the North Hobart area well worth a look.

The new fit out is excellent, very comfy booth seating downstairs.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a new restaurant and I note some earlier issues re language and service from staff.... My view is this adds to the authentic Chinese experience rather than having local Australians waiting at tables.....

Our food was excellent.... We had dumplings and then the duck pancakes and spicy fish which were all very enjoyable... We understand the chef is from a 5 star hotel in China and it shows.... Perhaps we are seeing the emergence of a new best Chinese restaurant in Hobart.

The wine list offers some very reasonably priced wines in fact one of the better priced wine lists I have experienced....

The fit out of the restaurant is excellent ...... Overall a great new eating establishment for Hobart.... We'll be back!

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Very disappointing. Living close I decided to check out the new Chinese restaurant in North Hobart. Atmosphere was terrible no music and no energy. Soup very boring but main was good but not worth $32 by any means. Wait staff could be of better quality, they seemed to hover over tables and top up water glasses and not much else. In future I will be sticking to Meh Wah and will not be back to mul lan.

1  Thank millieHobartTASAUS
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I walked in without a booking on a not so busy night, we waited for wait staff to tend to us to see if we could get a table. The first member of staff saw us looked at us and scurried up the stairs, the second member of staff looked at us without a word before also scurrying away. The staff must be afraid of people I'd fire the lot of them if it were my business. Needless to say we walked out and won't bother to come back.

2  Thank Ghop001
Reviewed December 18, 2012

venue is nice but service poor (not at all expert, lots of wait staff but service not very good - not able to interact with customers very easily)
We ordered green vegetables cooked without garlic. The dish appeared quickly - with garlic. 4 wait staff then hovered around as we explained the problem. The dish was recooked as we requested. Wait staff were over attentive with serving water. Under-attentive with interacting with customers.
Food is served on massive plates which do not easily fit on the table, making dining awkward.
The Duck pancakes were very average - overpriced (at $32), the pancakes were tepid and had clearly been sitting on the plate for sometime before the dish was served. The other parts of the pancake were carrot/cucumber.Slightly odd as traditionally these come with leek (however as I am allergic to leek I was quite pleased)There was not enough. Not enough pancakes for the duck pieces, not enough carrot/cucumber. The dipping sauce tasted like it was from a bottle. The whole thing was tepid to cold.

2  Thank Karen W