“Worst Dining Experience of My Life!”
Review of Pizzarazzi

Pizzarazzi
Ranked #189 of 604 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Hobart, Australia
“Worst Dining Experience of My Life!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I recently made a booking for three people at Pizzarazzi, when we arrived at the restaurant we were told they had no record of a our booking. We were told to sit on the couches that were there for people waiting for take away pizza. We assumed they would clear a table that was free and set it up so we could sit at it (there were three tables free out of a total of five tables) but our food was delivered to the coffee table and couches! We had to eat practically off our laps, facing strangers, cramped onto the couches! We had no cutlery or water and were uncomfortable. Then people walked in off the street without reservations and were given the tables to sit at! Even though we had a bigger group and were there first! None of the staff knew what they were doing and there were people waiting for ages and others getting meals straight up. We had to go to the counter to order but other people got table service. Not one staff members seemed confident in what they were doing, they all seemed stressed and fumbling for the phone, even though it wasn't that busy! We would have walked out if we hadn't already paid. Pizza's were average, one friend felt sick after eating there. Will never be going there again and will be making sure none of my family and friends ever do either!

• Visited June 2013
AzizEl, Owner at Pizzarazzi, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hi Rose,

We've noticed you've posted this review on every review site known to man so you must have been very upset at the time.

As discussed with you via email at the time of this happening we did formally apologise for the lack of service you got on the night and even mailed your friends and yourself gift vouchers to come back in so that we can show you that what you experienced was a one off. I spoke to the manager on duty that night and he remembers you and your group. The booking was not noted in our system, we sincerely apologise for that. As everything else after that event went I also apologise but in the defence of the floor manager that night he said he felt no indication from you or your friends that you were unhappy on the couch. Most of our customers actually request to sit on the couches and lounge about as a posed to sitting on less comfortable chairs. Im sure if he knew you would have preferred a table he would have made it happen. In regards to your email you said you felt that it was because of the age of you and your friends all being under 15 that you were treated with less respect. Again this is not true, we are not going to treat people with less respect based on their age.

One of your friends saying she felt sick after eating our pizza? Im unsure of what to say, we have never had anyone tell us anything like this but if thats how she felt afterwards I do apologise. We have strict guidelines we follow in regards to food safety and take every precaution we possibly can to ensure our standards are always kept to an extremely high level. Saying we werent that busy on that night is a huge misinterpretation. Did you know that 72.5% of our trade is done via pizza delivery. Our online ordering system keeps us on our toes all night along with our 2 phone lines which dont stop ringing! If we relied on our 5 dining room tables to keep us going we would have gone broke a long time ago.

In short, you were mailed 4 x $50 vouchers in the hope that you will give us another go at no cost to you.

Regardless of the multiple negative reviews you have given us everywhere, those vouchers still stand and I sincerely hope you use them so you can then also see that what you experienced was a one off due to an excessively busy night.

Also Nick the floor manager that night apologises for the way he made you and your friends feel.

Kindest regards

Aziz

Owner

“Okay for the 1990s”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Delivered late to hotel, just warm enough to eat, reminds me of takeaway pizzas 20 years ago. Couldnt bring ourselves to finish. Do yourselves a favour and just order Pizza Hut.

• Visited June 2013
Perth, Australia
“Just give me Pizza”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a little gem - a licenced pizza restaurant that goes to town with it's menu and delivers great tasting results. Worth a stop in for a casual meal with some local wine.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Kenley52
“Cheesy name great pizza”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

At first I was going to stick with my rule of
Cheesy name = garbage feed, but I have it a try and I must say it was great, not the cheapest place to eat by was well worth it,

1 Thank Snoopwogg
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Visiting from Brisbane. Dont normally go to the effort to write about my experiences but this place is a must try! The last place I thought Id get the best pizza Ive ever had was in Hobart! I stayed over the road at Sommerset on the pier and in the 2 weeks I was in Hobart me and the kids went to Pizzarazzi every second night. The staff were franticly busy with pick up and delivery orders most nights we were there but always made the time to make us feel welcome in the dining room. One night we did have to wait 30 minutes for our food but the owner or manager that night shouted us free dessert which more than made up for our patience.

There are some pretty crazy creations on the menu, some which I wasnt game to try. The unique pizzas I did try definately ticked all of the boxes though! WARNING The lamb Tikka masala pizza is really hot! Not for kids or the faint hearted! We were warned by our waitress but thought we could tough it out :)

I know Ive given Pizzarazzi a 5 star rating but the value for money side of things gets a lower rating. Although when I get something great I do expect to pay more than normal. In brisbane a large pizza is like $15 where as the prices here were $19 - $21 maybe Tasmania is more expensive, I dont know. Either way. If your visiting Hobart this place will not dissapoint!

Mal - Brisbane