“Very average”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This place needs a lot of improvement. Went there on the weekend and although the staff were very polite and attentive, the food was little to be desired. The pizza we had was very average and lacking much in the way of toppings. Better places in Hobart for Italian.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

As a former Hobart resident, this was a long term favourite. Although we always try and get there when back in town, for once the place left us underwhelmed.
Coming in at the end of the night, after the rush, we were promptly served and seated. Only gripes with the service were an entree sized pasta arriving as main size (kitchen's fault, no charge) and a drink arriving in a tumbler, after the waitress went to the trouble of asking if I wanted it in a tall glass.
The cheese garlic pizza bread is always a highlight as a starter, although it was a bit more oily than we remember.
I thought I'd go for the meat lasagne with bolognese sauce - not the best I've eaten, but not the worst. Perhaps a bit too much tomato and it was slightly burnt around the edges but otherwise a pretty standard lasagne.
I've always liked the pizzas here in the past so probably should have stuck with that.
My wife had pasta with chicken & mushroom sauce, a former favourite of hers, this was nice but not particularly noteworthy.
I have heard the new owners are perhaps going to overhaul the menu in future so it will be interesting to give this another go in a years time.

1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in North Hobart. My teenage daughters were keen to have pizza so we opted for this restaurant as it smelt good - lots of garlic!
It was a Friday night and we had not made a booking but we were able to get a table.
I had the Pollo Marsala (sautéed boneless chicken tenderloins topped with proscuitto with a cream mushroom and marsala sauce) which included a big plate of vegetables. I enjoyed it very much. The rest of my family chose pizza and we also had a garlic pizza bread for starters.
We bought wine by the glass (as my husband wanted red and I white) and the kids had drinks. Bill came to just on $200 for our family of 5. We took a small "doggy bag" of excess pizza home.
Service was quick and friendly.

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Tasty garlic pizza. Delicious soft puffy gnochi. Solid capriciosa pizza and the kids made a meal out of linguini bolognese. Restaurant was full and everyone seemed happy with their meals. Attentive, friendly staff. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

A favourite standard italian restaurant for its reliability on quality, taste, varety and service. Great after the movies