“thanks”

Signal Station Brasserie
Ranked #132 of 595 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hobart, Australia
“thanks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I recently had the good fortune to visit the Signal Station Brasserie and I can't
praise it enough. Good service, friendly staff, and excellent scones and coffee, I had two cups. And of course a beautiful view. The owner was friendly and caring.
I can't wait for my next visit.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Marjorie L

Sydney, Australia
“So good we went twice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended this place by a friend and we were really happy they did.
On our first visit we sat outside and had a breakfast and some scones. OMG. It was delicious. Really couldnt fault it if we tried.
Second visit I had to have the scones again and a cheese platter. The cheeses were Wicked cheeses and delicious. The scones made with lemonade were just as giid the second time around.
Every single staff member there were very friendly and polite and really make the cafe a must for anyone to visit.

Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful views and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Our last day in Hobart in September and the weather finally cleared to a glorious day. No better way to spend the morning than with a trip up to Mt Nelson. We enjoyed the views and the delicious scones and couldn't have found a better place to say goodbye to a lovely city. The food isn't cheap but it's very good, and the setting and the friendly service more than compensated for the cost. The terrace of the signal station's a great platform for photography and the gardens in front of the brasserie were looking very nice. We even had a rainbow just to complete the picture. Put Mt Nelson right up there on the list with Mt Wellington when it comes to Hobart outlooks.

• Visited September 2013
Lake Geneva
“Fantastic view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We got up there by accident (not much advertising for this lovely spot) and had drinks in the brasserie -- we were unfortunately going further for the night or would have had dinner. It is a very attractive restaurant in a fantastic spot -- the views over Storm Bay and the Tasman Peninsula are breathtaking. The brasserie was a great stop on our way south.

• Visited February 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Best scones I've ever had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

We came up Mt Nelson for the view and decided to pop in for a cup of tea and some scones so we could escape the cold.

Hands down, the BEST scones that I've ever had in my life. I adore devonshire teas and have gone to many venues in Melbourne and they all pale in comparison to the wonderful scones in this establishment. The house made raspberry jam also deserves a mention since it was wonderfully thick and fruity.

Can't wait to come back to Hobart so I can get more scones!!

• Visited November 2013