“Good food”

Signal Station Brasserie
Ranked #127 of 594 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“Good food”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were a group of four adults who arrived without a booking at the restaurant, we were greeted by Scott (the owner) and ushered to a table. Scott has a engaging personality, was very welcoming and treated us like family.
We all ordered a main meal: Duck, Veal, Seafood curry. The food was generous in portion size, it passed the taste test and the elements complemented the dish. The presentation was attractive and the food was delicious.
We recommend dining at this establishment, you will enjoy the experience

• Visited July 2013
sc0ttallen, Owner at Signal Station Brasserie, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
To all who have taken the time to write reviews of us, Both Brian and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
We truly love the honesty and integrity you all have contributed to our new venture.

Hobart, Australia
“Good food, Relaxed atmosphere, Magnificent view.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I ventured up to Signal Station Brasserie this morning for breakfast. I had wanted to see what the new owners had to offer.
I was most impressed. The food was absolutely delicious. Service was really nice,friendly and attentive. Price was most reasonable.The ambiance of the place is just so relaxing. The view is unbelievable. The more you look, the more you see. You could spend ages there just gazing at the scenery. It goes on forever.
It was 5 degrees and sleeting, but the heating inside was just right. A Red Breasted Robin flew in and sat on the verandah rail right next to where I was seated and there were little wrens braving the weather and hopping around the Brasserie grounds.
Please take no notice of any negative reviews written here. I always research the trip advisor reviews before going to an eatery that I have never been before and I approached the owners to ask about those negative ones. One was a case of the customer just walking straight in and seated themselves ( when there is a large sign that asks customers to wait to be seated). So, no menus in front of you, no service. Another was when the new owners had just taken over, there was a full house and someone was a little impatient and had no empathy for new people settling in to a new business and who may have had a few start up hiccups. It is very difficult to please everyone, all of the time.
So, don't just take my word for it, get up there and try it out for yourself. I know that you will be impressed.

1 Thank Moss M
Scott Allen
“Signal Station Brasserie - WOW”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

What a great place to call in for a coffee and a chat or to have a wonderful breakfast or lunch over looking the River Derwent.
The great thing here compared to Mt Wellington is that it's not cold, you still get terrific views and there is awesome food (even wonderful pastries to feed the Devil inside).

Hobart, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“surf and turf”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The surf and turf at the signal station restaurant was easily one of the best i have ever seen and eaten, it was literally food art. I could of just admired it but it was way better in my tummy. Thanks to Scott and the crew up there extremely nice people up there, recommend everyone to come up and try it and say hello to the friendly staff...

1 Thank tony s
Brighton
“Brilliant - Outstanding! Known now as Signal Station Brasserie, Mount Nelson.”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Under new management now. The food was delicious and it seemed that every dish was cooked on the spot - nothing pre-cooked! Service slightly slow, but to sit at the window and look at the view was just incredible. I have travelled the world and this is possibly the best view I have ever experienced sitting in a restaurant and when the food came and it was fantastic, we all thought that we were in heaven! Amongst our group of three was an elderly women - the staff assisted with the wheelcheer, and the wonderful Maitre' D actually arranged for the chef to specially cook some mushrooms for my elderly Aunt as she said that she loved them and had eaten them before at this restaurant. Please visit this restaurant, as you will have a wonderful experience.

Visited June 2013