“Rude”
Review of Cafe Kosmos - CLOSED

Cafe Kosmos
Cuisines: Australian
Description: It is a cafe and wine bar. Just opened and is fantastic. Beautiful coffee and yummy sweet treats. Amazing wine list with some fascinating Spanish wines that i am busting to try with their cheese platters. An exciting inclusion for the bay.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We brought a Living Social voucher. I forgot about it when I tried to call to arrange a booking the man on the other end was so rude I did not bother. I have heard some good and feedback on this place maybe they should get rid of the man that answers the phone ? and more people would book

3  Thank leanneandrew15
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

We went to Cafe Kosmos with a Living Social voucher. We were the only people eating there at 7.30 on a Saturday night! The food was good, we had a antipasto plate that was delicious and our mains and desserts were tasty. The waiter was fantastic - knowledgable and very friendly. Maybe it attracts more of a lunch / coffee and cake crowd than dinner, but it is definitely worth a try.

1  Thank RalphyandHuey
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Cafe Kosmos opened a few weeks ago just on the city side of Doctor Syntax. It feels like they're not really sure what they're trying to be and who they're targeting. Apparently they want to be a cafe during the day and a bar at night but the combination of decor, style, music choice and location is a little incoherent.

It is a nice cozy place to stop for a coffee on the way to work. The coffee is okay if you like it very strong and quite bitter. Haven't tried the food yet - it looks pretty basic. Cafe Kosmos would probably be a nice place for a quiet drink in the evening with a few friends. The thing that bugs me slightly is the over eager owner. I know he just wants the place to succeed but he is just trying a bit too hard and is a little overbearing.

Wendy R, Owner at Cafe Kosmos, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Hello pigeondog

Thank you very much for your critique of Cafe Kosmos.

I appreciate your comments very much. We have a six month strategy in place at Cafe Kosmos to achieve our business model and plan. You will note little signage and no advertising. It appears this low key approach has been a little more successful than anticipated.

It may appear a little "incoherent" as we are approaching this with a substantial amount of flexibility as we trial a number of things while the "back end" of our game plan comes together. That will be posted on CafeKosmosAU on facebook if you wish to monitor the changes, as we have some exciting plans ahead.

I would also welcome you to sample our food as "Blue Cheese and Cauliflower Soup", a variety of open sandwiches including Peking Duck, Korean Chicken and Vietnamese Chicken as these are somewhat more than basic and consistently selling out.

I greatly appreciate the feedback as i am the owner of the business and do not work in it, so i would greatly appreciate more specific feedback in relation to the "over eager owner" who is likely cafe manager or project manager only. I can then rectify this. We are keen for all clientele to be serviced above expectation in a society which lacks such, but do very much understand the fine line that can exist between quality service and over zealous enthusiasm.

Please feel free to give more feedback on tripadvisor or directly to me at wendyannerow@gmail.com as your comments are genuinely appreciated.

We have exciting times ahead and welcome you back to try our soup, its spectacular. Many Thanks