“fantastic authentic food, could be cleaner”
Review of Taj Palace

Taj Palace
Ranked #170 of 604 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fantastic authentic food, could be cleaner”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Cant say a bad word about the food, have been returing to tak for years.
And yes the kids may be strapped tothe waitress as she takes your order or running around. all good with me, dont look at the walls or floor too close

• Visited December 2013

Federal Way, Washington
“Authentic flavors for moderate price”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Dinner for 2 with 2 beers, appetizer, spinach feta Naan bread and 2 mains was about AU$60 which is moderate for Australia. Lamb ranoush (??) was spiced just right in rich brown gravy served over rice. As other reviewers said, a 2-3 year old child was running around and sometimes made noise. We did not find it offensive. Service was good and the food came quickly but we were there late on a weeknight so this may not always be the case. It seemed like only the family worked there and if crowded, service might be slow. For an American, all Australian restaurants seem expensive but this one was less than most so a good value. The menu was very extensive.

1 Thank fsdukejr
Melbourne, Australia
“Total ripoff”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I've eaten in a lot of Indian restaurants in my time, Probably 3 times a fortnight for the last 35 years or more. I've never experienced a rip off like this place though. Firstly at the start of the menu is a little sticker saying to add 1 dollar to the price on every item on the menu. Well I think that may have been the start of the equation, where you go double it add 40 take away the first number you thought off and instead of ending up with zero you end up with 33pct added onto the totally illegible bill.

Food, ordinary, kids running around didn't really bother our group of 4 although I can see that kids running around would bother most., service bloody awful had to wait at least 40 mins for our meal to turn up.... We were just about to talk out when it turned up.

Quite simply don't go there.... BTW this is a rarity for me, I never ever write bad reviews.

Hobart, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Use a voucher”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

You wouldn't want to go here unless you already had a prepaid voucher. Having said that, it's excellent value, if you don't mind the owner's kids running around. I've never had my order taken while the waiter holds a small child either so that's a first. The food is good, and you will leave full and happy. Best to try a weeknight though as it can get busy at weekends and you'll have to wait a while for the food.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank AndrewC0001
Hobart, Australia
“good food, bad service”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I went with a group of 12 and we had prepaid vouchers for a "6-course menu". Calling it a 6-course menu was definitely a stretch, but having said that it was still great value and the food was pretty good. However, we waited for over 2 hours before we had our food, and that was only after asking 2 different waiters when the food was coming. We received no apologies for the lateness either. So overall good food, but the service was really not up to the food