“Beautiful Boutique Style”

The Henry Jones Art Hotel
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Hobart
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had a really lovely 5 day stay at this hotel. Very historic with gorgous old sandstone block feature walls and plenty of art work. The staff were extemely helpful and friendly. My only minor complaints would be the air conditioning and lighting alongside the bed. It could have been just a little brighter for reading. The hotel is in a very good location wrt restaurants and the Salamanca Market area. Would definitely stay at this hotel again. Ultimately, if possible, would give this property a 4.5.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
TheHenryJones, Assistant General Manager at The Henry Jones Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Julie M

Thank you for choosing The Henry Jones Art Hotel for your stay in Hobart, it was truly a pleasure to accommodate you and I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I appreciate the time you have taken to review the hotel and thank you for your comments. I am pleased that you received great service from our team, it is certainly a priority for us to ensure your time with us is exceptional. Thank you for your feedback regarding the air-conditioning and the lighting in your room, I would like to apologies for any inconvenience here. We have been able to identify the room you were allocated and our maintenance team will look to rectify these concerns.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel when you next travel to Hobart. Please when you do, feel free to contact me directly and I would be more than happy to assist with these arrangements.

Kind Regards
Jacob Smith
Assistant General Manager

There are newer reviews for The Henry Jones Art Hotel

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed four nights in this gorgeous hotel,which sits right on the harbour! On arrival,we were shown our room which we thought was a lovely old-fashioned touch (can't remember the nice guy's name sorry). The room/hotel is a fabulous mix of history/luxury. Do the free art/history tour of the hotel. You get to see the rest of the hotel,and Emma,our guide,was delightful. A visit to Jam Packed is essential,as is the IXL Long Bar,where Niall creates wonderful cocktails. The staff are 100% professional without being snooty. Can't rave about this place enough. It's heavenly!

Room Tip: Our corner room was humungous!
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This time it was GD and the old girl (that's me)

We arrived and our room was not ready (never expected it to be at 12pm) se we packed into Jam packed with the 6 other patrons ;)

Nice relaxing lunch we checked out our Spa Harbour 206 and went yep. All good. Twin beds as ordered, nice view, warm and welcoming

Breakfast: I have said before I am a muesli and juice kind of girl but GD convinced me we should restaurant so a share eggs benny later I was very satiated (and the excellent quality made me choose a breakfast package for stay 2). Day 2 I went with the Self cater but we were off to Saffire and i knew it would be how many piggys

Evening bar with comp cocktails….yum

Spa harbour Room: great view, comfy beds, nice bathroom although GD felt shower may have had more pressure. Quote "Mum this is pretty good spot"

Stay 2

Booked on leaving.

Standard harbour view: Room: 224 Excellent and we had a small deck area. I would definitely be happy in these rooms too. In fact I was. twin
We ate in Henry's and food and service topped any other visit. Apple dessert was just amazing. Bart staff yet again sublime esp in service and making things work.

We saw several guests who had been at saffire with us at HJ and it is obviously the place of choice. They are certainly backing up the sister property and yes it is the full banana.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel is a very clever adaptive re-use of a series of old waterfront warehouses fronting Hobart's waterfront. A feature is the showcasing of local artworks in the rooms and around the hotel. The rooms are very comfortable with nice facilities including, in or case, a full size bath. The "special" attraction is the outlet across the docks. Because of the constraints of the building in which it is housed room layouts can be a little quirky - but that adds to the charm. Some little points - Breakfast stops at 10 - may be ok for business people but maybe a little early if you are having a lazy weekend away. Also staff did not show us to our rooms - maybe we arrived late. Great location - 5 minute walk across the docks to the Saturday markets and the MONA ferry.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
TheHenryJones, Assistant General Manager at The Henry Jones Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Fatherof2Sydney

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and indeed your stay with us. On behalf of the team, it was a pleasure looking after you and your family.

I appreciate your comments regarding the property - we are very fortunate to reside in such a unique location - and I’m pleased you found your stay comfortable and enjoyable. On behalf of management and our team, I would like to sincerely apologise that you were not shown to your room as this is an opportune time to introduce to you some of our unique experiences and services. Thank you also for your feedback regarding the timing of breakfast. We do in fact operate a café adjoining the hotel for those that wish to dine later in the day and we will certainly look at advertising the service appropriately to our guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I do hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel if you travel to Hobart in the future. If you do, please feel free to contact me directly and I would be more than happy to assist with these arrangements.

Kind Regards
Jacob Smith
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Friendly and helpful staff; perfect location near the harbour; comfortable and well appointed room; what more could we ask for? Thanks to Henry Jones Art Hotel for making our visit to Hobart a memorable one.

1  Thank 420Angela
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We are locals and were dining at the Henry's Restaurant and decided to treat ourselves to a night at the Henry Jones Art Hotel.
It was amazing.
The hotel itself is very interesting with unusual art work to look at (and buy)
The room was very soundproof and we did not hear any outside noise at all.
The furnishings are very tasteful and the bed was super comfortable.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff in the hotel, they were all very friendly and helpful, especially Greg!
We dined at Henry's Restaurant and again it was excellent, the staff in the restaurant are all very helpful and friendly.
The hotel is in a great location to the CBD and Salamanca.
Would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We booked very late and we had a room that overlooked the Atrium, I am sure if we had have booked ea...
1  Thank 84luck
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I absolutely love this hotel. It is beautifully designed, the views are terrific, rooms are very comfortable with nice bathroom and amenities and the staff are outstanding. I am in hotels about 100 nights a year, and this is a winner on every front.

Room Tip: I think they're all good. I had one overlooking the harbor which was beautiful. The walls ar...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business