“Enjoyable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Hotel Hobart

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Travelodge Hotel Hobart
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Hobart
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Had a good time staying here.
For my first visit to Hobart the hotel is in a great spot near bars and restaurants.
Reception staff were awesome. Had a great time chatting with Sarah and Evie. Sarah had great multi-tasking skills, you could say she could sniff a buiscut while taking a call. I'm not the only one impressed by the girls as I heard Sarah referred to as Superwoman.
The room was great besides the shower which was tiny and the pressure wasn't too enjoyable.
Would be happy to come back.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jessica B, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Hobart, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear JoshB,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us at Travelodge Hobart.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great time chatting with our team, Sarah & Evie especially. As a Team we are continually striving to ensure we deliver great customer service so I am so glad you found our Team to be awesome.

We do have a great location so I am glad you had the change to enjoy our city centre & surrounding areas, even if you were here working!

We certainly enjoyed having you here and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tarah Urquhart.
Assistant Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were nice and clean, basic but very well priced. Location is great being in the city and close to Salamanca. Great reception staff especially, evie who pointed out some great restaurants and was very polite and bubbly. I enjoyed my stay overall, a great place and lovely staff.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jessica B, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Hobart, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Steven W,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at Travelodge Hobart.

I am so glad you found our team to lovely and helpful.
As a team we are continually striving to ensure we deliver great customer service. I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged Evie in this way. As one of our newest Team members I cannot wait to share this feedback with her and the rest of our team. Her success will most certainly be celebrated. I will personally share your comments with all departments.

I am pleased to read that you found the hotel to be in a great location for exploring Hobart.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Hobart in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed 4 nights in an executive room, which was reasonably spacious, had a comfy bed and a modern bathroom that had a separate shower and a spa bath. The location is a great base for walking around Hobart as everything is in close proximity e.g. shops, restaurants, pubs etc. The customer service is excellent, all the staff are friendly and helpful, especially Sarah. The car park is a bit of nightmare as the spaces are very small and you are not guaranteed a spot, but it is free.

Room Tip: Perhaps request a room on the higher floors away from the lifts for a quieter stay.
Dear Chakra120,

Thank you so much for your great feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Hobart was such a great experience, also because of our hotel.

As a Team we are continually striving to ensure we deliver great customer service so I am so glad you found our Team to be friendly and helpful. I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged Sarah in this way. I will make sure that our entire team will get to celebrate her success. I will personally share your comments with all departments.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Hobart in the future.

Kyneton, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Room fairly small but comfortable, good views. No lunch or dinner available, Lift very slow between floors. but pleasant helpful staff. Central location, has been updated. comfortable bed, hand basin very tiny. but overall a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Did not view other room but was quite overnight on upper floor.
Dear 6120,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review in regards to your recent stay with us at Travelodge Hobart.

I am so glad to read that the Team were helpful and pleasant. I will be sure to share this feedback with them

We do have a great location so I am glad you had the change to enjoy our city centre & surrounding areas.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Hobart in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

We had an overnight stay in a standard queen room on the second floor. The room was on the small side and the bathroom seems exceptionally tiny. The room was modern and clean and the bed was comfortable. Traffic noise could be clearly heard from our floor. Staff were friendly. The parking area was tiny only suitable for smaller cars and the parking is also limited to a first in first served basis. Free wifi was included in our deal but I wouldn't recommend it as it was extremely slow. The location is fantastic, just a short stroll to Salamanca or downtown.

Room Tip: A room on a higher level maybe quieter
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Brenda S,

I am delighted that you found the team to be friendly, the room modern and clean and the bed to be comfortable.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Hobart.

Best regards,
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in January. It was nice and close to Salamanca and just blocks from downtown. Our first room was very small. We couldn't even have 2 suitcases open on the floor but when we complained they did find us another room that was a better size. The rooms were very clean and quite comfortable. Good value for money. The parking was problematic. The space that was available was very cramped and difficult to get into and there weren't enough spaces for those that needed them.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fran N
Jessica B, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Hobart, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Fran N

I want to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Kind Regards
Jessica Bergman
Hotel Manager
Caloundra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed at the Travelodge Hobart in March 2014. The hotel is great, modern and very central and close Salamanca. Rooms were very clean. The staff were great. Especially Sarah. So bright and bubbly. Nothing was a problem for her. I was with a tour group and wanted to be close to my tour group friends in the hotel and Sarah had no hesitation in changing my room to make me more comfortable. She also gave me great information on where to eat and where to buy certain products I needed. I found breakfast great. Loved the food and all the wait staff were very friendly. Will definately stay here again and recommend it to all my friends. Great if your travelling solo.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Shonakitty

Thank you so much for your very nice feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Hobart was such a great experience, also because of our hotel.

We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.

I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Kind regards