“Centrally located clean and trendy hotel”

Travelodge Hotel Hobart
Ranked #25 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Travelodge Hobart looks newly renovated. The location is 5 mins walk to the Salamanca Market/ Place where there are many dining options available. You can also walk a bit further to the Constitution Dock where you will find fish trawlers selling fresh seafood and cooked seafood.
The room i book comes with a double bed and a single bed. It has beautiful scenery of the mountain.

Just less than 2 minutes walk away is also the Boutique Expresso along Macquarie Street that serves nice coffee. The boss is very friendly.

Walking distance to the city shopping area.

Apart from that the hotel staffs were friendly and helpful and the room is clean and fresh looking. I love the firm yellow colour pillow. Firmest pillow for my whole trip.

Only complain is that I wish the room comes with more cooking facilities and a bigger shower area and better instructions about guest parking upon booking as I drove into a very tight parking area to find out that it is not for guests. Guests parking is found at the basement of the hotel, via another entrance right after the one that leads to Travelodge Hobart reception.

Room Tip: I requested for a view of the mountain and I got one and the room wasn't noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jessica B, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear YannYng

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at Travelodge Hobart.

I am also pleased to read that you found the hotel to be in a great location for exploring Hobart and found our team to be friendly and efficient.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Hobart in the future.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,806)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Fantastic hotel within easy walking distance of all of Hobart's attractions. The staff were incredibly friendly, helpful and welcoming, especially after 36 hours of travelling. The room (suite) had lovely views and was clean and spacious. We really couldn't have asked for anything more, we were really impressed!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Lucy B

Thank you so much for your very nice feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Hobart was such a great experience, also because of our hotel.

I'm also very pleased that you have found our hotel to be in a great location and our staff were incredibly friendly, helpful and welcoming.

We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

After all the negative comments we were pleasantly surprised that our stay in one of the budget rooms (510) was better than we had expected. The room was small but not too small. The size of the bathroom was what we would have expected in a larger room. The recent renovation was successful. The street noise was muted and there was no noise from other rooms. Parking required some luck and diligence but we were able to park when we wanted (4 days /3 nights).
The staff were all efficient and pleasant. Olivia checked us in and as others have noted she is particularly good at her job. Book early for a good price. We would recommend this conveniently sited budget hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing Harrington Street and as far from Macquarie Street as possible are quietest.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Windylad

Many thanks for taking the time to review Travelodge Hobart.

I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged our team member in this way. I will make sure that our entire team will get to celebrate Olivia's success. I will personally share your comments with all departments.

I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We choose this hotel because it offered parking but how wrong we were. There was no chance of any space for ourselves or several other guests in the underground car park as it was permanently full. They offered us the overflow one but cars had to be removed before eight in the morning else they were towed so no sleep in then. Why not say that parking is very limited?

We also thought the Wi-Fi policy was short-sighted. They permit just fifteen minutes of free use per day in reception and after that you pay, and yet within a short distance are a number of coffee shops offering free and unlimited use. Why drive your customers away?

We would not return

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Applegate138

Dear Applegate138

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at Travelodge.

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay and you are welcome to call me or email me to discuss in further detail.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a year ago and it had improved a bit with air conditioner in all rooms but ours couldn't go below 20. Degrees Celsius. Had to shut window at night as street noise of pedestrian crossing kept us awake. Shower is tiny and water stream is like needles on your skin. Bathroom is tiny. Unable to bend down in shower without accidentally turning it off with your buttocks. Bed was comfortable and when I asked for more towels they were promptly delivered. Lifts are still slow at times. Bed gets made each day. Great location to dock and restaurants.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Biggav1965

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to complete a review.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights, great location and good value for money. Check in was quick, rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast is well worth having, the pancake maker is a bit hit and miss. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jessica B, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear 786Chris82

I was pleased to read that you found our hotel to be in a grea tlocation and good value for money! I am also pleased that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope you did enjoy the rest of the time you had in Hobart.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Hobart in the future.

Best regards

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed here for 2 of my 4 nights in Hobart. Adequate & Clean but nothing stunning. Their room rate was probably $40 a night more than it should be, after the first 2 nights I decided to not stay the additional 2 nights there and went and booked into the Hotel Grand Chancellor for little more than Travelodge was asking. I Don't regret that one bit!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Robbie P

I am sorry that you did not find Travelodge Hobart to be value for money as this is something we pride ourselves on, being a great 3.5 star hotel in a great location.