“Average”
Review of Quest Waterfront

Quest Waterfront
Ranked #19 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last night. Parked out front while checking in in afternoon. Within 4 mins it took to check in went outside had parking ticket. Not a great start. Room very dark low voltage energy saving lights every where.. Room was like a cave. The one window wouldn't open as it has triple glazing to muffle the noise from the pub across the road.. Still very noisy on a wed night... Room clean. Bathroom dated. For the $169 a night price it was expensive for what I got... Limited on site parking available.. Look out for getting parking tickets out front while checking in! Personally wouldn't stay here again as much better places to stay in area... Should be converted into a backpackers...

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
QuestWaterfront, Front Office Manager at Quest Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Whitey65

Thank you for your feedback. All feedback is welcomed at Quest Waterfront as it gives us a chance to improve. I am sorry that you recieved a parking ticket, unfortunatley this one is out of our control and you are right that parking certainly is limited. Best way to combat this is to contact us directly and let us know of your parking needs whilst you are staying with us as we make it a priority to work with you and your needs.
We have taken on board your feedback regarding lighting and this will be recitifed with higher wattage globes. In mid to late 2014 all rooms will be recieving a make over and we would love to welcome you back to Quest Waterfront to inspect our changes

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed 1 night in Studio room and whilst spacious the room was incredibly long quite spacious but with virtually no furniture and a small window that couldn't be opened which resulted in the room being stuffy as hell and everyone having dry throats and a terrible nights sleep. The bes are all together which was fine for our group but if you want some privacy you won't find it here. Staff were wonderfully and is over the road from noisey pub but on a plus is in a good location opposite the waterfront precinct .

Room Tip: Don't stay Wed to Sat night as pub is open oposite on these days and thumps all night
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
QuestWaterfront, Front Office Manager at Quest Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear PaulChris275

Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate it when guests let us know of any imporvements that you think we could make. We are in a shared space with many other businesses one being a Pub. We do however, attempt to work together to ensure that all can use this space to their full potential. We do suggest that if you are a light sleeper that you request a room on a high level or the opposite side to the pub. Regarding the room being stuffy there is most certainly freshair vents that pump and circulate fresh air into all of our rooms and we would have been happy to show you the location of the switch to operate this. Our studio deluxes are large and spacious, however, if it is a little more privacy that you are after, we do have family rooms available.

I am glad that you found our staff to be wonderful, they are a great bunch of people!

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We pre booked for 5 people. All checked in together and went to room, which was clean, spacious and in a great location! I called to enquire for a bed for our 5th person and was accused of only booking for one and ordered to come down immediately to rectify the bill, the staff members tone was aggressive and uncalled for. This ruined the stay for me. We used the laundry facilities which you have to pay to use but unfortunately several items of our clothing were stolen from the machine.
In the morning the staff member again asked for us to pay extra. We showed our online booking receipt which clearly stated we booked for 5 and yet no apology from the staff.
It was a great location and very quiet. But I won't ever return.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Stephoutside

Thank you for you feedback, we appreciate it as it is our biggest learning tool. Iam sorry that your stay was ruined. This will be borught up with the staff member in question and they will be offered further training to rectify these issues and ensure that it does not happen with any other guests. I would like to offer you a complimentry nights accommodation if you are back in Hobart and you are more than welcome to contact me directly about this or if you wish to discuss this further.

Again I am sincerly sorry that you ere unhappy with you stay

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed here on a Tuesday night, early November. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The bathroom was huge and I liked the colour scheme. The staff were lovely and very helpful. The location was perfect, near the docks and Salamanca. The price was good considering the location. I have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Hi Phillip B

Thank you for your feedback, we really do appreciate it! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your feedback on to our staff.

As with all of our guests we would happily welcome you back to Quest Waterfront the next time you are in Hobart

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This Accomodation is in a great location - close to most things in the city. The staff were very friendly and helpful on check in and the room spacious.
However, if you want a good night's sleep DO NOT stay here. It is across the road from a very loud pub/nightclub which goes until about 5am in the morning. If you are a party goer you may love this but we were not impressed. I was also horrified to realise that house keeping wash hand towels and tea towels with mop heads. I know this because it was left in the washing machine for hours preventing guests from using the GUEST laundry. Perhaps some training is required here. Needless to say I went and bought my own tea towel.

• Stayed: September 2013
QuestWaterfront, General Manager at Quest Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear HapiCamper04,
Thank you for the feedback in regards to your stay with us, we value all feedback and we are grateful that you have brought to our attention the issue with the washing of the tea towels. Please let me assure you that this is not general practice and since receiving your review I have spoken with all of the housekeepers and have reiterated to them that this cannot happen under any circumstances.
I am pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly as we pride ourselves on customer service and our location.
In regards to the noise we are currently working with the owners of the establishments, the council and the liquor licensing to get this matter rectified, we have triple glazed all of our windows so that the noise is reduced however clearly it still impacted your stay and for that I apologise.
Should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me.
Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

These apartmwnts are perfectly positioned opposite the harbour but unfortunately they are also opposite the Telegraph Hotel. Unless you can sleep through loud thumping music till 1.30am and then 2 hours of noisey patrons leaving , Find somewhere quieter!

Room Tip: Ones facing Salamanca
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rose M
QuestWaterfront, Front Office Manager at Quest Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Rose M

Thank you for taking the time supply us with feedback, its is very much appreciated. We are attempting to work with surronding businesses to ensure that we are all able to co-exisit in the area that we are in. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to the appropriate people.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

$8 a night for Valet parking it seemed to be such a huge issue when we needed to use our car at all.)Every time the ladies at the front desk saw us they asked us would we be needing our car at all and every time we told them yes they suggested we park out the front of building (where there we no parking places at all) . It got to the stage where we were fed up with them asking we decided to leave our car out for the last night and even then when we asked if they would mind putting money in metre for us she said she would only do it for the first hour then after that it was our problem.. On leaving I told her we didn't use the Valet parking the night before and for some reason she convinced me we used the valet parking for 2 nights and ended up charging us for 2 nights instead of one which was very disgusting .. We ended up getting a $32 parking fine as we got confused about parking. The girl behind the desk told us parking was free on Sundays but she didn't clarify and say it was only free outside the hotel, we thought she meant every where in Hobart so we parked outside of Chemist Warehouse and came out to a $32 parking fine which was very upsetting.
Every evening whilst we were there we had to wait for woman on desk to finish her personal phone call before she could attend to us.. She was making personal phone calls all evening, we know this as every time she was about to hang up she would say she would have to call her back and she was also talking about personal things
To finally top our bad experience off at 8.45am the morning we were checking out, House maids barged into our room.. My husband was naked and laying on the bed and I was under covers... Not once did anyone apologize to us.. The woman just walked out and said nothing even after this the house maids were knocking on our door every 15 mins telling us it was time to leave when clearly it was no where near 10am.
It was a lovely place to stay but rudeness by staff needs to be addressed.. The pub across the road was not too noisy considering it does have live bands there. After hours when my partner and I went out for some fresh air we were approached by a drunk guy and there were drunk people floating about everywhere but it wasn't as bad as a lot of the reviews have mentioned.. The music was ok and as you would expect it to be a tad loud but it was bearable and the price of their meals were very cheap also.

The hotel staff had no knowledge of where to get an evening meal after 8pm and had no intention of even helping us look for some where to eat (too busy talking on phone to friends/family etc) .. Luckily the so called noisy pub across the road keeps meals going until no one wants anything so we had a lovely feed after all...
It was a lovely place to stay but I would probably make sure you do research about Hobart before you stay as the staff are no help at all..

Room Tip: Be prepared for lazy staff, so research places to eat before you leave. Also research parking..
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HeavenandPaulMillard
QuestWaterfront, Front Office Manager at Quest Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Heaven and Paul

Thank you for taking time to provide us with some valuable feedback. I am sorry that you had such an unpleasant stay with us; this is certainly a concern to hear.

The valet parking can sometimes be tricky, we try to make this as easy as possible for our guest, unfortunately we only have 1 Pass to this secure car park which then entails a staff member to accompany you every time you need your car, this should certainly not be an issue for our staff at any time and I am sorry you felt that it was. We are in the heart of Salamanca parking around here is all run on meters, The parking out the front of the property is free on Sundays but only out the at the front of the property not anywhere else & I am sorry that you feel you were miss lead with this information.

At Quest Waterfront we pride ourselves on our exceptional customer services so to hear that your felt this was not the case concerns me greatly. What you have mentioned has not go unnoticed and certain staff members have been spoken with. I am also surprised to hear about housekeeping, if you had mentioned this when the incident had occurrence we could have resolved it immediatley.
We appreciate all feed back as this is how we are able to address and better the service for all of our guest that stay with Quest Waterfront.
I would like to discuss this matter with you further and would encourage you to contact me directly at the property.