“Great staff”

Ranked #18 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
Cranbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Great staff”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed here for two nights, staff where very lovely, helpful and chatty. Bit sad that waterfront you don't really get much view but can't complain. Bed were incredibly uncomfortable and har, toilet was broken and a few other things didn't work. but decent enough for a stop over. Wouldn't chose there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
QuestWaterfront, Front Office Manager at Quest Waterfront, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hi Sherrie2011

Thank you for your feedback, and I am sad to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us, and experienced mantainence issues with our rooms. Had you have brought these to our attention during your stay we would have offered to have the fixed for you straight away, or, if you would have liked we could have changed you rooms.

Thank you also for your feedback on our staff. Quest Waterfront has a great team of people and we pride ourselves on our customer service.

Peta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great location. Noisy pub across road, but double glazed windows helped keep noise out, I had no trouble getting to sleep. The young receptionist was exceptionally helpful. The rooms are quite dated, but not overly worn and the room was very clean. If you are looking for a central location and won't be spending a lot of time in your room this is the perfect base for you.

• Stayed August 2013
Hi Orelda

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I have also passed your feedback on to the young receptionist that was on the desk during your stay.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back to Wuest Waterfront for your next visit to Hobart

Armidale, Australia
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Prior reviews of this hotel are spot on. The pub across the road is very loud and on Wednesday night completely packed. We requested a room on the other side of the building but with the computer system down the friendly staff were unable to fulfill this request. Thankfully, the noise inside our room was not as bad as I had expected from prior reviews. Being here for pleasure meant no wifi without additional cost. We were able to request parking on arrival, which was fantastic, however parking takes some skill in a very cramped conditions.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Tallowood6

Thank you for taking time to provide us with some valuable feedback. I am glad that despite our computer system crashing, you were still happy with your room. Car parking can be tight, and we do encourage our guests to book prior to arrival, but I am glad that we were still able to supply you with a car space when you arrived.

I do hope that you will keep us in mind and that we can accommodate you on your next visit to Hobart.

Jan Juc
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel is a little weary but quite adequate, has an excellent location near the wharf and helpful staff. Thanks to Tripadvisor reviews, I requested a quiet room and was given a room away from the hotel opposite - the room did, however, face the elderly lift - luckily only one set of happy revellers arrived late on our floor. The room was also rather gloomy and did not have a fan in the bathroom. One thing I did find irritating is that Quest hotels extend free wifi to corporate guests only - who presumably pay lower rates for their rooms - rather mean I would have thought.

Hi Judy

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and you are right we do have a fantastic location and I am glad that you found our staff to be helpful. All rooms are undergoing renovations over the next year, so I do hope that next time you are in Hobart, you will stay with us again to see how we have improved our rooms. Regarding Wifi, this is offered free of charge to our returning corporate clients that stay with us regularly, I am sorry that you felt we were being mean in not extending this to you during your stay.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here several times and find the location very central and convenient. Close to restaurants and the city.
The rooms are a good size, staff is helpful and friendly.
Many breakfast options near by, with a beautiful French bakery just around the corner.
The only things I didn't like is that the windows can't be opened for fresh air and car parking can be a tight squeeze.
Apart from that, I find it great for a short to medium stay.

Stayed December 2012
Hi Stefanie

Thank you for your feedback. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Waterfront on your next visit to Hobart.

Main Beach, Australia
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel quite a number of times and I am again booked in for next month. The Hotel is older and has dated decore but comfortable. My family had a studio room on the second floor this time, room very spacious with kitchenette, lounge area and a queen and single bed. Room was clean and serviced every day. The only problem was the cooking facilities in the kitchenette - only had 2 saucepans and an outdated portable hotplate thingy - we didn't even try to cook our breakfast in a saucepan. NEEDS AT LEAST A FRYPAN.
Location: There is a pub across the road which only opens certain days of the week but when it does it usually rocks but with double glass in the only window in the room, the noise never bothered us even thought we were facing the pub, in fact the noise has never bothered us in our previous stays. It is a great location for wandering down to Salamanca Place and the whole waterfront.
Restaurant: The Hotel doesn't have a cafe or restaurant but has a great charge back system with a number of nearby establishments.
Parking: There is on site parking but never seems to be offered. Vehicles can be parked at night by arrangement but during the day you have to park in metered spaces and it is hard to get a 2 hour meter outside the Hotel. The staff help by feeding the meters when they have time.
Staff: All staff, reception and our cleaning ladies, were friendly and helpful and when, after 3 days of putting up with noisey and inconsiderate neighbours who were staying in two rooms and kept their doors open with shoes so they could go between the rooms easily, which was good for them but also allowed all their converstaions, crying children and cooking smells out into the foyer area and into our room, the staff quickly and professionally handled the problem for us.
As I said, we are staying there again because of its location, very large rooms and great staff.

1 Thank Kenaohp
QuestWaterfront, Front Office Manager at Quest Waterfront, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hi Kenaohp

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad that you have enjoyed your two previous stays with us and are in fact booked in to come back again. Regarding a frying pan, there most certainly should have been one of these in your room. If on your next visit you find that this is the case, please do not hesitate to contact reception and ask for one. Secondly, car parking is certainly at a minimum at Quest Waterfront, and in our underground car park is limited by size and height of vechile, however, please feel free to call or email ahead and request a car space for your next visit and I will personally look at the situation for you.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Have never stayed in a noisier place, there is a pub across the road and it must have been open till 3AM but the noise didnt stop then as they all moved out into the street.
I checked out after the first night even though I had paid for 3 nights

Room Tip: try get a a room as high as possible and not on the same side as the pub across the road