Quest Waterfront
Lenna of Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$179
$114
Agoda.com
Somerset on the Pier Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$166
$154
$199
$134
Agoda.com
Grand Chancellor Hotel Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$188
$97
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$131
$81
  • Restaurant
Hadley's Orient Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$135
$69
$126
$106
  • Restaurant
Mantra Collins Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$114
$101
  • Room Service
Wrest Point(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$127
$105
Agoda.com
RACV/RACT Hobart Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$189
$132
Agoda.com
All reviewsgreat locationsalamanca marketsmona ferrywalking distancefamily suitelimited parkingsalamanca placebit datedseparate bedroomshort staycar parkingspa bathon site parkingbusiness tripbed was comfortablewater frontcentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My partner and I had booked the Quest Savoy for our 3 night stay in Hobart, and after parking our car in the parking station some two blocks away, we were looking forward to unloading our luggage, having a cuppa and setting off to explore. When we opened the door to a lovely large room, I immediately noticed there were no windows, just a set of glass brick blocks, which were not transparent at all. Unfortunately, I cannot cope being in a confined space, especially with no windows, and I immediately called reception. The dear receptionist listened to my concerns, and said she would investigate alternatives. Within 5 minutes, she had called back, and advised there were no other rooms available in this complex, but if we were prepared to relocate to the Quest Waterfront, they had a room available there, with a window!!!!!! We accepted this alternative promptly, back to parking station, and drove a short distance to the Quest Waterfront, where we were greeted by the lovely Jacinta, who seemed to be rostered on for most of our 3 night stay. I could not stop smiling when I found we had a room with a window! Clean, perfect location along the waterfront, great cafes all close by, my nightmare had a happy ending. Many thanks to the Quest team, for caring enough to upgrade our accomodation, and Jacinta should receive a pay rise for her cheerful and helpful attitude at all times, receptionist, car parking valet, and parking metre queen. I would definitely return to the Waterfront, and from now on, I have learnt my lesson, and will always enquire whether the room has a window, before proceeding with the booking,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sue N
QuestWaterfront, Front Office Manager at Quest Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Hi Sue N

Thank you for such positive feedback. We are so happy that you found Quest Waterfront to be eveything that you needed. Customer service is important to us, as is working together as a team between the three properties that we have in Hobart. Our Jacinta certainly is mutli talented, and we certainly do appreciate her talents.

I do hope that you will keep us in mind and that we can accommodate you on your next visit to Hobart, dont forget to contact us directly as we have some amazing deals on at the minute

Kind regards
Peta

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This motel is in an awesome location, near the ferries, close to pubs, restaurants, Salamanca, the CBD. The pub across the road has live music, which was great but won't suit everyone. Staff were very nice and very helpful, although check-in was fairly slow.
I stayed with friends and we found the family room was clean, beds were comfy but it was a bit too "cosy" for 4. Fine for sleeping but not for staying around. No couch in room, just 2 armchairs. They gave us free wifi as the TV was playing up. The water temperature in the shower was either scalding or cold and it changed while it was running; very hard to wash your hair. They gave us 3 towels for 4 people, so we had to collect more. On the Sunday, the room was not made up, and we were told there is no service on a Sunday.
Reception is closed after hours, with access via the foyer with a key. A vagrant had snuck in and was asleep on a chair in the foyer late one night!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank flippstar
QuestWaterfront, General Manager at Quest Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2017

Dear Flippstar,

Thank you for feedback and apologies for the time it has taken to respond. We recently upgraded our online feedback platform which has caused several delays. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay with us was and allowing us to rectify any concerns that you had.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just off the waterfront. Reasonability priced, clean room and friendly, helpful staff. Kitchen with stove, oven, micro and fridge. Walking distance to to the CBD and many restaurants and pubs. Close to Salamanca and its old buildings. Walk through Battery point to look at restored period housing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room furtherest from the pub across the street from the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Extinguished,

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Across the street from a noisy pub, carpark facilities extremely poor and the rooms... Felt like I was in a gaol with the small windows, and rooms although well equipped are extremely dated.
Great location in reference to Salamanca but all other items put this in the do not return category.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank tourbycar

Dear Tourbycar,

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Located right near the waterfront this hotel is in a great spot in which to base yourself. Easy walking distance to some great restaurants and bars. The rooms were functional and clean, the bed was comfortable.

It was in need of a bit of a facelift (gotta love an avocado green bathroom) but that wasn't a big issue. I just found the room small and quite sterile, and with a view of a cement wall and bins out the pokey window, it was a bit depressing. It was like staying in a clean tidy functional 3 star budget motel, enhanced by a great location. It didnt give me a 4 star feel.

The pub next door was packed and the noise travelled into the rooms, which was a bit disturbing, but it seemed to quieten down after midnight (I was staying midweek).

So not sure if I'd stay here again, I probably would, I'd try some other places first, and wouldn't stay here for more than 1 or 2 nights, but the location and general cleanliness would probably draw me back in.

• Stayed: February 2013