My partner and I had booked the Quest Savoy for our 3 night stay in Hobart, and after parking our car in the parking station some two blocks away, we were looking forward to unloading our luggage, having a cuppa and setting off to explore. When we opened the door to a lovely large room, I immediately noticed there were no windows, just a set of glass brick blocks, which were not transparent at all. Unfortunately, I cannot cope being in a confined space, especially with no windows, and I immediately called reception. The dear receptionist listened to my concerns, and said she would investigate alternatives. Within 5 minutes, she had called back, and advised there were no other rooms available in this complex, but if we were prepared to relocate to the Quest Waterfront, they had a room available there, with a window!!!!!! We accepted this alternative promptly, back to parking station, and drove a short distance to the Quest Waterfront, where we were greeted by the lovely Jacinta, who seemed to be rostered on for most of our 3 night stay. I could not stop smiling when I found we had a room with a window! Clean, perfect location along the waterfront, great cafes all close by, my nightmare had a happy ending. Many thanks to the Quest team, for caring enough to upgrade our accomodation, and Jacinta should receive a pay rise for her cheerful and helpful attitude at all times, receptionist, car parking valet, and parking metre queen. I would definitely return to the Waterfront, and from now on, I have learnt my lesson, and will always enquire whether the room has a window, before proceeding with the booking,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quest Waterfront Serviced Apartments Hobart is located in the very heart of Hobart's Historic Sullivan's Cove, just minutes walk from Hobart's famous Salamanca Place and Hobart's CBD. The property offers a range of Hotel Rooms, Studio Apartments and Family Suites and the service that is expected of a four star hotel. We are just about the closest you can get to experience all the delights of Hobart’s Summer Festival! Including the Taste of Tasmania, New Years Celebrations and Festivities, the annual Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race, The Wooden Boat Festival, and of course Salamanca Markets! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Quest Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quest Waterfront Hobart, Tasmania
- Quest Waterfront Hotel Hobart