“Getting close to the best in town!”
Review of The Lansdowne Cafe

The Lansdowne Cafe
Ranked #71 of 627 Restaurants in Hobart
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Try the french corn bread with smoky maple syrup, rocket, bacon and roasted cherry tomatoes! The sum is greater than the parts....

1  Thank Daoracle

Reviewed April 22, 2014

First time back here in ages, coffee was nice and the poached eggs with bacon and side of home made baked beans good but the winner of the day was buckwheat pancakes with bacon and maple syrup.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I went there for a coffee, and asked what Gluten free foods they had. She looked at me as if I was from another planet, and said: "Toast?"
"Nothing else?" I asked. She shook her head. So Toast it was. Very commercial gluten free toast, like the bread I buy from the supermarket. It was served with a choice of 3 very runny jams, possibly homemade.
Very disappointed.
In this day and age, Gluten free is usually readily available.

2  Thank 2oldhobartians
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

This is one of those neighbourhood cafés that only the locals know about but is better than most cafés in more prominent locations. We have famy who live in the area and every time we have passed the cafe over the breakfast/lunch period it has had plenty of patrons. Good atmosphere with tables inside and out. We chose the base breakfast of eggs on toast (from a selection of 5 bread types and eggs 3 ways) and added extras of our choice - avocado and smoked salmon for my wife and chorizo and mushrooms for myself. All ingredients were high quality, tasty and cooked to perfection.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Always visit TLC when I'm in Hobart because friends live nearby. And of course because the coffee is always great, the food is perfect and the atmosphere is wonderful. Having said all that, we found the service can be haphazard or even a bit on the rude side - it seems when the owner isn't there!