“Narrara Backpackers - helpful owner, value for $”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hobart
Narrara Backpackers
Ranked #35 of 52 Specialty Lodging in Hobart
HK
“Narrara Backpackers - helpful owner, value for $”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

Mo is a very kind and helpful owner. I love Narrara's location. It's quiet but convenient to main locations. The house is clean and tidy. The bathrooms and toilets are clean too. I stayed in a 6-beds dorm for the first night and had my room upgraded to a single room in the next day. Both rooms are tidy and comfortable. Definitely worth for money.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank JosephineHk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

The rooms were clean, the beds were comfy and I didn't experience any rude staff... but the set up of the whole hostel and bathrooms left a lot to be desired. In our almost week spent there, we tried to spend as little time as possible in the hostel - it was like a maze... and very claustrophobic. The bathrooms were old and dirty, with mouldy shower curtains and usually water all over the floor. Pretty gross... and the kitchen although largeish was dingey and I wouldn't have been willing to cook anything healthily in there! The presense of a resident smoker, who although smoked outside- WITH THE DOOR OPEN, meant that most of the hostel reaked of cigarettes at different times during the day was somewhat unpleasant too.
Don't be misguided by this backpackers swanky website... the hostel is most definately below par.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Hobart hotels

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

I stayed with a friend in April 2010 based on an older Lonely Planet edition which gave good comments about this hostel. The owner, Mo, was friendly and gave us a discount on a twin room. No complaints about the room which had comfy mattrasses and was clean, however the bathrooms and kitchen were just disgusting. They hadn´t been cleaned for weeks, or months. The kitchen floor was sticky and I have never seen a dirtier fridge in my life. We spoke to Mo about this upon check-out so maybe he has made a positive change in the meantime.
Cannot recommend this place, sorry.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

We booked the 4 bedder for 2 nights during our trip. The owner was very helpful and made a trip down to the property to check us in when we gave him a call as we arrived in the afternoon window period where he is usually not around.
The room was clean and all linen was provided (including thick blankets). However the room was a little cramp and we kept bumping into each other.
Toilets were average with no frills. So no complains nor praises for it (except maybe for the cold which we were not used to)
Noise level was pretty low and allowed us to have a good nights rest.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank nibelung
Saroma-cho, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights this January in a double room. Narrara Backpackers was a very good value and we really felt comfortable there. The service of the staff was especially welcome. They helped us figure out local sightseeing plans (really above and beyond) and were very patient in solving a problem with charging my Japanese credit card. In fact, we managed to bother them far more than an average guest should - they really went the extra mile to help us. Overall, the hostel was very clean, well managed, and definitely a good choice for the budget traveler.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank seanmisen
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at Moes Tavern for 2 nights. I was initially skeptical of this hostel due to the past reviews in 2008/9. However, I must compliment the new owner - Moe. He is an approachable family man who also cares for the wellbeing of his guests. I recommend Narrara.

I am a solo traveller and requested a single room. The room was clean, however relatively small. For the price it was reasonable. The hostel does show its age and is relatively basic, however the owner does his best to maintain and clean it. A hint: the bathrooms are much better on the second and third floor. It is not intended as a party hostel (but you can with the right crowd), i think it is a good hostel to get some decent sleep after a hard trek around tassie.

** important note about parking - weekends = free. During the week, its either a 1 or 2hr limit (though its still free). You have to keep moving your car around if you intend to stay in the hostel all day (why would you though? get outdoors!)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank orbitz111
dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2010

I stayed here for one night with 3 friends. The owner was very friendly and helpful but I'm afraid that he may need more help as even though he seemed to always be running around the kitchen and bathrooms were not overly clean.
The 4 bed dorm was the most cramped room we have ever stayed in, both myself and my friend have bruises from knocking into the beds. If we hadn't all been friends in the dorm i would have had to move as it was terribly small.
not overly cheap either.