From the 1830s, this hotel retains much of an old-world charm. High ceilings, classy furniture and period fittings are offer a warm, welcoming feel.
Located near the corner of Murray and Macquarie (reputedly the only intersection in Australia to have an original stone building on each corner), it's in good company - and in a great location. The docks, Salamanca Market and the CBD are all an easy walk away.
To cap it all off, the staff are professional, courteous and attentive.
So, what could be wrong? Well, working heating, non-CRT TVs and a compendium would have been nice! To be fair, the hotel has just had a change of ownership, and the new crew is trying very hard to overcome the neglect if the old.
We would definitely come back, as what is now a very good hotel will surely only get better!
Make sure you have coffee at Jackman & McRoss - and do not miss dinner at the Boat Shed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hadley's Orient Hotel Hobart is the one of the oldest boutique hotels in Australia. Originally constructed by convict labour in 1834, this National Trust listed hotel is a unique place to stay in the heart of the city. The property has been fully restored to reflect the Victorian era under the guidance of heritage experts. Hadley's Orient Hotel offers 71 guest rooms and suites, an onsite bar serving light meals, guest lounge, Traditional High Tea(bookings essential), conference and event space, 24 hour reception including concierge services and complimentary WiFi throughout the property. The property is just 20 min from the airport and 5 min walk from the business and government centre of Hobart, Salamanca Markets, Constitution Dock and CBD shopping. Located right in the heart of the city, directly opposite the beautiful St Davids Cathedral. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hadley's Orient Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Hobart Hadleys Hotel And Apartments
- Grand Accor Hadleys Hotel
- Hadley's Orient Hotel Hobart, Tasmania