Best Western Hobart
Lenna of Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$179
$114
Agoda.com
Somerset on the Pier Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$166
$154
$199
$134
Agoda.com
The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$131
$81
  • Restaurant
Hadley's Orient Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$135
$69
  • Restaurant
Grand Chancellor Hotel Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$188
$97
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Mantra Collins Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$114
$101
  • Room Service
Wrest Point(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$127
$105
Agoda.com
RACV/RACT Hobart Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$189
$132
Macquarie Manor(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$105
$100
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsembers restaurantbathurst streetfourth floorfamily suiteroom serviceclean hotelbuffet breakfastcomfortable bedsmall balconyundercover parkingwould stay againwithin walking distancefree wifian upgradecar parkcity centreper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights in August 2013. Reasonably priced and room comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Only one problem, on checking in we were advised that breakfast was included. Although I stated that I believed we had not paid for room and breakfast the staff member insisted we had and so did restaurant staff the next morning. It was only after we had checked out that the hotel called to advise breakfast was not included and we would have to pay extra. Turned out to be way overpriced for the breakfast. Also was not impressed with having to pay $10 per night for parking. Free access to computer in lobby. Had dinner in the restaurant on the first night. Food very good but very expensive. Hotel is well located and overall was reasonable for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
sbm1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear bulafijiSydney,
Thank you for the review for your stay in August last year which was when we had just taken over this hotel. Since then you will be pleased to learn we have invested in extensive room refurbishments and also improvements in our restaurant. I hope we can welcome you back soon so you can enjoy the upgrade.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I had realistic expectations for this hotel based upon the price, but I felt let down by the reviews I read here prior to booking.

We stayed at this property for 3 nights. Checking in and the lobby was fine and the staff were always helpful and very friendly. When going up to our room on the first floor you notice a no smoking sign, but it smelled like smoke never the less.

As soon as I turned the door knob I noticed how the door was very light, almost seemed hollow. The room was basic and very dated but fine. The walls are very thin as we could hear our neighbors calling home to tell their family they arrived in Hobart. After getting settled into the room I went downstairs for the wifi code (free wifi) and I saw some very unsavory guests chatting it up with the front desk. This really made me feel for our security, then I noticed our room didn't have a safe much less a eye peep through in the door. We made sure to put everything in our bag and lock it every single time we left the room.

The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk to the Salamanca area.

If you are on a budget and insist on staying at this hotel I would recommend asking for a higher floor for the road noise, and a room away from the elevator bank as you will hear conversations of people waiting for the elevator.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TexanInHK

Dear TexaninHK,
I am very sorry you gave us such a poor score and I regret that we did not learn of your concerns during your stay as we would have done our best to fix things for you. Our hotel is 100% non-smoking and we advertise this prominently; I do hope another guest had not gone against this rule. Hobart is a very safe town but, as a precaution, we do have 24 hour front desk and security service to assist any guest.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed 2 nights as part of my tour in Tasmania and Australia. My room was adequate and clean, nothing special. Getting here from airport by shuttle was easy. Breakfast was included for us and I'd rate it as sub-par...enough to get me going, but not special. Same for the coffee. Location is good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Mernaday,
Thank you for review and the comments you have made, which we will certainly be acting on.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed here for work had to pay for parking 10 dollars a night restaurant nice food but over priced breakfast yumo the staff very friendly reception area very clean so was room nice place to stay very close to city

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
11  Thank Greg D
sbm1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Greg D,
Thank you for the review. I am glad you felt we were a good place to stay; I hope we will be your base in Hobart whenever you visit.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our stay was a short holiday package deal (3 nights) & the central location suited us well. The ground floor public areas including the bar & restaurant were tastefully furnished with well groomed,friendly & competent staff. Reception staff were also very good. Our queen room was plain & basically furnished - the bed was comfortable but the addition of an armchair or small sofa would have been appreciated. Cleaning/servicing of the room was generally good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Barbara D,
It’s great to hear you enjoyed your stay. See you again soon I hope.
Regards