We ran in the Cadbury Marathon with this hotel partnering with the race. Pretty expensive for 3 nights accom @$600+ however it appears all accom in Hobart is expensive when it's summer, the tennis/marathon etc etc is on.
Staff were exceptional. Always friendly and professional. The hotel had organised for an early 4am breakfast on a Sunday morning for the runners with frequent buses taking us to the start line 30mins away. Rooms were ok, apparently the property has just completed a refurbishment, not sure what they were up against before.
This hotel has a good location close to the CBD with a 10min walk to the Harbour. Rooms are old but they are clean with a fresh lick of paint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Hobart (Formerly Mercure Hotel Hobart) is located in the city centre, only two blocks from the main shopping mall. The hotel features local artwork in a contemporary setting, while the 140 rooms have recently been re-decorated to create a modern fresh feel and offer either city or mountain views. It is only a short walk to Salamanca Place on Hobart's historic waterfront, an area well-known for the many restaurants, cafes, bars and the famous Saturday market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Hobart reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Hobart Hotel Hobart
- Accor Hobart
- BEST WESTERN Hobart Tasmania