We booked this hotel as its proximity to the harbour looked first-rate .... and we weren't disappointed.
Arriving on an evening flight from Melbourne we were tired and therefore were very pleased with the quick efficient check-in. When we got to the room all the pressures of the day disappeared as we were immediately delighted by the harbour view dimming in the evening light.
We had a large living room which encompassed a small kitchen, there was a large bathroom which included a washing machine and dryer, and an upstairs "balcony" bedroom with large wardrobe, drawers, and an ample safe for laptop and travel valuables. The bed was every-so-comfy. There were large screen TVs in the living and bed rooms and the living room included settee, desk, table and chairs for eating. The WiFi connection was good and there were plenty of electric sockets.
Being tired on our first evening from the flight, we used the room service option which was probably the most disappointing part of the stay. Whilst efficient, the food was lacking in quality. The Asian restaurant underneath the hotel does take-away and we will use that if staying there again and wanting an in room meal; we eat at this restaurant on the following evening and the Chinese and Thai options were excellent and portions very large.
Although this is not a hotel but "serviced apartments" and so doesn't have on-site catering there are plenty of restaurants around for breakfast and dining options throughout the day. Particularly good are some of the cafes around Salamanca Place and try one of the bakers if you want bread to take back to the apartment to toast!
Check-out was also very efficient and the staff really gave an excellent impression of caring for you.
Will definitely return again if we come back to Hobart.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Somerset on the Pier is an award-winning transformation of an early 1930s pier building, incorporating clean, striking lines of modern architecture with the historic exterior of a waterfront landmark. Each apartment features unrivaled panoramic water views of the River Derwent, Hobart's waterfront and historic Sullivans Cove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Somerset on the Pier Hobart reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset On The Pier, Hobart Hotel Hobart
- Somerset On The Pier Hobart Tasmania