The Woolstore is a decent apartment hotel on the edge of central downtown of Hobart. We were located in the newer section (floors 5 - 10) of the Woolstore. Our apartment consisted of one large room being a kitchen, dining, living and bedroom with an attached bathroom. The bathroom did not have a tub, only a shower. It did have a washer and dryer, a definite plus. Standard hotel toiletries were supplied however I would like to see the water pressure in the shower increased. I do not feel that clean after a wash in the mist produced by our shower.
We did not take advantage of the kitchen which is a shame as this would be one of the more significant reasons for staying at the Woolstore. I have not mentioned the balcony since there was nothing to see other than to check out the wedding partiers on Saturday night. You could also hear them in the hallway. The doors could use more sound insulation.
The staff were efficient but not particularly interesting; much like the view from the balcony. There is a bar and restaurant although we did not venture into them. Parking appeared sufficient and it definitely was easy to get in and out of with a car.
Overall a satisfactory hotel but not particularly distinctive in any respect for those staying in the newer section.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thinking Hobart? Think The Old Woolstore!Hobart's multi-award winning Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel has built a reputation among travellers as one of Australia's most welcoming and relaxing inner-city hotels. Renowned for spacious rooms and friendly hospitality, the property is centrally located a block from Hobart's waterfront and just a gentle stroll to Salamanca Place with its legendary market, restaurants, bars, galleries and waterside festivities such as the annual Taste Festival.Accommodation consists of a unique choice of fully serviced apartments and hotel rooms; the decor is contemporary and rooms immaculately presented. Apartments are fully self contained offering both laundry and kitchen facilities- perfect for preparing the gourmet produce you will likely collect on your travels through Tasmania!Hobart's best kept dining secret, Stockmans Restaurant, specialises in farm-fresh local produce and opens for breakfast and dinner daily. The Baaa Bar's blend of the old and new is the ideal place to sit back and relax with a glass of Tassie wine at the end of a day spent exploring the local vineyards and indulging in our world-famous offerings.All guests staying at the property can enjoy complimentary parking and use of the onsite gymnasium, guest lounge and business centre. Reception and room service operate 24/7. High speed internet access is FREE to all guests and is available in all rooms and most public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hobart
- The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel Hobart, Tasmania