The Old Woolstore has been my regular when in Hobart for the last three years, and it has become like an old friend. The hotel is comfortable, the staff friendly and efficient and everything works as it should. This is despite the hotel being very popular and the potential for booking misadventures to be correspondingly high, especially at busy times in town; things always tick along just as they should.
I like the location - an easy walk into town or the waterfront and, despite being on a main road, little of the ambient noise gets into the rooms. The rooms are large, spacious and comfortable and the kitchens are both a good size and well equipped. The living area is also a decent size, so you have room to spread out if you wish.
There's plenty of car parking available and easy access to and from the arterial routes. Even if you're late home on a busy day, there still seems to be a space just for you.
I've always enjoyed my time here; there's never been a bother on any front. I'd happily recommend the hotel to anyone who is spending time in Hobart.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thinking Hobart? Think The Old Woolstore!Hobart's multi-award winning Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel has built a reputation among travellers as one of Australia's most welcoming and relaxing inner-city hotels. Renowned for spacious rooms and friendly hospitality, the property is centrally located a block from Hobart's waterfront and just a gentle stroll to Salamanca Place with its legendary market, restaurants, bars, galleries and waterside festivities such as the annual Taste Festival.Accommodation consists of a unique choice of fully serviced apartments and hotel rooms; the decor is contemporary and rooms immaculately presented. Apartments are fully self contained offering both laundry and kitchen facilities- perfect for preparing the gourmet produce you will likely collect on your travels through Tasmania!Hobart's best kept dining secret, Stockmans Restaurant, specialises in farm-fresh local produce and opens for breakfast and dinner daily. The Baaa Bar's blend of the old and new is the ideal place to sit back and relax with a glass of Tassie wine at the end of a day spent exploring the local vineyards and indulging in our world-famous offerings.All guests staying at the property can enjoy complimentary parking and use of the onsite gymnasium, guest lounge and business centre. Reception and room service operate 24/7. High speed internet access is FREE to all guests and is available in all rooms and most public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hobart
- The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel Hobart, Tasmania