There are many things to like about the Old Woolstore and some aspects that could be improved. We stayed in their Hotel rooms. The suites are very spacious, clean and modern. The beds are extemely comfortable. The bathroom actually has a bath! Did not try the restaurant because Hobart has so many delights to experience. The location is superb being close to Salamanca and the dock. The staff were nice and helpful. Check in was quick and efficient.
Now a couple of quibbles. WIFI is $5 per day - many hotels around Australia and the world offer free Internet access. 3 very small bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion isn't enough for a family. Lots of complimentary decaf coffee but only 2 standard coffee satches. Similar hotels with similar rates have included complimentary breakfast. There was some used tissues on the bathroom floor. Minor complaints, yes, but other hotels I have stayed at pay attention to these small details. It's small things like this that make us come back. The carpark/security attendant slapped a Warning sticker on my car that parking is for hotel guests only. He could have simply asked me as I was walked passed him to reception to check in and get a parking card. He looked straight at me as i walked to reception. Perhaps I came on the wrong day or my expectations were too high. Having said all this, the rooms, comfort factor and location are outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thinking Hobart? Think The Old Woolstore!Hobart's multi-award winning Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel has built a reputation among travellers as one of Australia's most welcoming and relaxing inner-city hotels. Renowned for spacious rooms and friendly hospitality, the property is centrally located a block from Hobart's waterfront and just a gentle stroll to Salamanca Place with its legendary market, restaurants, bars, galleries and waterside festivities such as the annual Taste Festival.Accommodation consists of a unique choice of fully serviced apartments and hotel rooms; the decor is contemporary and rooms immaculately presented. Apartments are fully self contained offering both laundry and kitchen facilities- perfect for preparing the gourmet produce you will likely collect on your travels through Tasmania!Hobart's best kept dining secret, Stockmans Restaurant, specialises in farm-fresh local produce and opens for breakfast and dinner daily. The Baaa Bar's blend of the old and new is the ideal place to sit back and relax with a glass of Tassie wine at the end of a day spent exploring the local vineyards and indulging in our world-famous offerings.All guests staying at the property can enjoy complimentary parking and use of the onsite gymnasium, guest lounge and business centre. Reception and room service operate 24/7. High speed internet access is FREE to all guests and is available in all rooms and most public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hobart
- The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel Hobart, Tasmania