My wife and I recently spent 7 nights in Hobart visiting family over Christmas. Because of some health issues we decided to stay in a serviced apartment and chose the Old Woolstore Apartments via their own internet booking site. We had some special requirements so we called the hotel to confirm that the internet booking we were making would provide all out requirements, and where assured that it would.
We arrived 21 Dec and the drama started straight away.
The girl checking us in was looking at the computer and making all those faces that say “somethings not right”. She then admitted that there were a “few issues and it wouldn’t be long”.
We finally got our key and headed to our room. The room looked great but the items we requested when not there. I returned to reception to be informed that they didn’t have out room. After some arguing and explaining how I had called in advance they offered us a few rooms that where very sub standard compared to what we paid.
We finally got into a room that has the facilities but was not of the standard of the original room. There was no apology etc, and the reception staff where rude and uncaring.
The room itself was just ok.
The daily cleaning was rushed and not well done, but it was Christmas. Food in restaurant and room service was ridiculously over priced and uninspiring.
Location is fantastic and within easy walking distance of Waterfront and CBD. My wife has a mobility problem and still managed to walk to city and waterfront restaurants and bars.
We love Hobart but will be staying somewhere else next time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thinking Hobart? Think The Old Woolstore!Hobart's multi-award winning Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel has built a reputation among travellers as one of Australia's most welcoming and relaxing inner-city hotels. Renowned for spacious rooms and friendly hospitality, the property is centrally located a block from Hobart's waterfront and just a gentle stroll to Salamanca Place with its legendary market, restaurants, bars, galleries and waterside festivities such as the annual Taste Festival.Accommodation consists of a unique choice of fully serviced apartments and hotel rooms; the decor is contemporary and rooms immaculately presented. Apartments are fully self contained offering both laundry and kitchen facilities- perfect for preparing the gourmet produce you will likely collect on your travels through Tasmania!Hobart's best kept dining secret, Stockmans Restaurant, specialises in farm-fresh local produce and opens for breakfast and dinner daily. The Baaa Bar's blend of the old and new is the ideal place to sit back and relax with a glass of Tassie wine at the end of a day spent exploring the local vineyards and indulging in our world-famous offerings.All guests staying at the property can enjoy complimentary parking and use of the onsite gymnasium, guest lounge and business centre. Reception and room service operate 24/7. High speed internet access is FREE to all guests and is available in all rooms and most public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel
- Old Woolstore Apartment Hobart
- The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel Hobart, Tasmania