Rydges Hotel Hobart
Lenna of Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$154
$110
$233
$143
The Henry Jones
Grand Chancellor Hotel Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$156
$93
  • Pool
Motel 429(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$93
$86
Agoda.com
The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$174
$92
$106
$91
  • Restaurant
Hadley's Orient Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$186
Islington Hotel(Hobart)
$317
$247
Agoda.com
All reviewsmain buildingfootball ovalelizabeth streetold buildingsitting roomquiet locationold world charmold styleshort drivelarge bathroombed was very comfortablecity centrebreakfast was includedhire carfree parkingmicrowavemanor
Reviewed February 7, 2013

first impression pulling in to the drive was wow. But on seeing our room / maisonette it felt like a flat on a council estate back home. Room was so old and dowdy and the furniture looked looked it had come from.auction or an old peoples home. NO air conditioning and was probably a nice hotel in the 1960s. staff were ok

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank predicious
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at Rydges and thoroughly enjoyed the experience! Gee, some of these reviews seem a little harsh and doesn't sound like the place we stayed at! The location was great and the premises beautiful - so full of history and a glimpse into bygone times ... Our room (Antique Suite) was clean, comfortable, well-equipped and contained everything we needed for a few days' stay. We did not go to Rydges to spend time on computers, so can't really comment on the wifi facilities; both our phones had sufficient service for any necessary messaging/information we required. Our meals (dinner and breakfast) were fabulous, as were the restaurant and motel staff. We were required to holiday in peak-season, and like anywhere else, were charged accordingly. We would go back to Rydges Hobart anytime!

Room Tip: Perhaps choosing a room in the original building will allow an appreciation of the establishment.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mon2209
Matthew_Kent_Rydges, Manager at Rydges Hotel Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for the feedback, Glad that you have enjoyed your time in the hotel and in Hobart. Thank you for the kind words regarding the staff and the restaurant experience; I have shared this with the team accordingly. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week after winning a holiday here,my first impressions were positive buy as you look closer you can pick it apart.
I know it's an old building but the decor is all over the place-the oven and microwave are still from the early 80s.
Our rooms looks like its been half renovated and there's no attention to detail.The room wasn't dirty but was a bit neglected.Never been to Hobart
So we didn't know much about the area and attractions so we relied on the staff for there knowledge but they didn't want to know,thank god for google.

Wifi wasn't free,these days that should be standard-ya had to pay extra.Also being a self contain unit the fridge was only a bar fridge so we had
To pull all there beers,drinks ect out and shop daily to fit groceries in and it struggled to keep cold.
Tv reception was poor.
Brekky was free, part of the package,very random,couldn't get runny eggs they were like golf balls.The buffet was pretty basic but did the job.

Not sure of the value for money as we won the holiday and not sure star rating but I personally wouldn't give it anything over 3 stars.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thanks for the feedback, congratulation on winning the holiday. It is a bit of shame to read you did not overly enjoy your stay with us; it is particularly disappointing to learn that the staff were not able to provide you with information on local attractions and I will be sure to highlight this with the team. I am not sure why the eggs were not served to your preference as all our hot breakfast items are freshly cooked made to order, none the less I will past the comments on to our Executive Chef.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

list....
Unhelpful staff
rundown
no working internet
Dirty windows
VERY unclean Laundry
door that won't shut properly

My son and I wanted to Leave and they refused a refund.
Saying' Good luck finding somewhere else to stay at this time of year'
This was supposed to be the highlight of our trip....
I was so disappointed I am now using my Telstra dongle...
There is absolutely no internet service and they charge extra for everything.
A REAL RIP OFF !!!!

Cynthia Manietta QLD

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cynthia M
Matthew_Kent_Rydges, Manager at Rydges Hotel Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for the comments and allow me to clarify on a few points. I have spoken to every staff member that has had contact with you during your stay and it seems that there has been a communication breakdown; the staff have suggested that you book alternative accommodation rather than just leaving the hotel as they were concerned that you would not be able to find alternative accommodation at such short notice, as it is peak season in Hobart.

With regards to the Internet issue, we did not have any disruption to the network over this period and can only assume that this could be antivirus software on your computer restricting the internet access. The staff tired to connect you to our internet provider to rectify however you were not in the room at that time.

I have personally inspected the laundry area this morning and it is clean, need and tidy with everything in working order including the laundry door. It is regrettable that you have left the hotel on a sour note

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Beautiful Hobart is even better when you have quality accommodation.
Really comfy bed, friendly staff, quiet, great location, excellent value
Restaurant has amazing food.

I will be staying here again on my next trip to Hobart. It was a very good experience and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Room 59 - 64 for the best views of the city.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the kind words, I take much pride in sharing this with the team. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to Rydges Hobart in the near future.