“Never go back again”

Ranked #8 of 52 Specialty Lodging in Hobart
Sydney, Australia
“Never go back again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Had stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment in Nov 2013.
Found blood stain on one of the bed sheets....
The lock in the bathroom was not working, One of my family members got locked in there for 10 minutes until we found it out........
The lock in the 2nd main entrance door came off when we tried to get into the apartment...
For the 3 nights stay, only a 100ml milk was given for the whole stay.... (for 5 adults !)
Beds were not comfortable at all....
Quite noisy due to next to the main highway......

Worst hotel in my whole tassie trip.....

Room Tip: surely can find a better one somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cooper_Woodson
trinityhouse, General Manager at Quest Trinity House, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear nwtl,
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Quest Trinity. I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on our customer service, had you brought some of these items to our attention at the time we would have been able to get them rectified straight away and ensured that your stay was a more enjoyable one. In regards to the milk this is only complimentary on arrival and is not designed to cater for your entire stay, as we are serviced apartments it allows you to cater for yourself. If you had requested more milk we would have been more than happy to provide you with some additional milk.
I would like to offer you a complimentary night when you are next in Hobart so that you can have a more enjoyable stay.
Should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind regards,

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here through work, the first time was I the apartments by the highway which was very noisy from around 05:00 till 18:00 !!!
The apartment was tired looking could do with a good refurbishment.
The second stay is in a ground floor room with very limited cooking ability, basically a electric fry pan and microwave !!
The room smells bad and is also in need of a refurbishment.
Also the free Internet is so slow I think it's on dial up not adsl :(
Not good when you need to work !
All in all I would advise you to look elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013
trinityhouse, Front Office Manager at Quest Trinity House, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your helpful comments. We are currently in the process of refurbishing our apartments but as you can appreciate with large apartments it can be a lengthy process. Our Studio rooms have a kitchenette with a kettle, toaster, microwave and electric fry-pan so ideal for short stays. We have WI-FI through out our property but I will check with our provider as to why it was slower during your stay.
Thank you for letting us know what we can do better to ensure an enjoyable guest experience.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed here for work. I stayed in room 30. It was basically a one bedroom apartment.

Room was extremely large, with a massive cooking area/ living area. Bedroom was of a good size too. There was a second bedroom, but you would use it s more of a storage room, as it had no natural light.

Bathroom was good, good water pressure and washer/ dryer were located in the room.

Service was good, and if you needed anything fixed, etc, it was done straight away.
The location inst too bad. 20 mins walk to waterfront, 15 mins walk to shops in Hobart. There is a woolworths directly opposite it. 20 mins walk to North Hobart where there are restaurants, etc, but there are just as good restaurants in the CBD. I couldn't see the big deal in Nth Hobart.

Only problem is that during winter months its a bit inconvenient to walk to many places, due to the weather, so if you are on holiday, you'll need the services of a taxi.

The only downside I could think of, was cleaning staff turning down the heating during the day. I used to leave the heating on high, as the room is so big and it didn't have a reverse cycle a/c, just an old gas heater.

Would I stay here again, the answer is yes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
trinityhouse, Front Office Manager at Quest Trinity House, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay at Quest Trinity House. Our apartments are large and comfortable and ideal for business or leisure travellers. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

as I'm not sure what I actually paid for the room. I traveled with a sporting group and was allocated this hotel so can't make a judgement on whether it was worth the cost. I stayed a few nights in a 1 bedroom room in Trinity House itself. The good things - comfy bed, electric blanket, wall heating as well as a portable heater, a small kitchenette, adequate storage, helpful staff, daily housekeeping, good curtains to keep the room dark during the night, no noise coming from other rooms or Brooker Ave, no dramas during our stay. The not-so-good things - car parking would be an issue if every room had a car. Spaces were tight and you could easily get boxed in. Some individual units had steep driveways to their carparks. The doorway was tiny so tall people would be ducking continually. Lighting was poor and not in the right places. The corner shower cubicle was small. Other types of rooms seem to have been renovated and had spa's and baths as well as laundry facilities. I believe there was a separate laundry facility to use if you didn't have one in your room. The floor seemed to go uphill, then downhill. I believe the only way to get to our room was up a set of stairs so bear that in mind if you have mobility issues.

We basically used the room to sleep and shower only so it was fine for us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay, all feedback is valuable. The Trinity House building was built circa 1840 and the orginal architecture is still in place including door heights and stairs. All our apartments have 1 car space allocated each and this is free of charge to our guests.
Hopefully next time you visit Hobart you can take advantage of one of our refurbished apartments.
Hobart, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here a year ago and I gave a great review but sadly this time we were disappointed. We had a different unit this time and it was rundown and in need of work. I don't think I really would minded so much but the price was $50 more than last year. The sofa had a stain on it, my son found an empty beer bottle on the top balcony that had cigarette buts in it, a lot of things were broken and very worn out. After last year and our great experience I was very disappointed. It seems some units have been updated but not all and it's very hit and miss as to what you get.

• Stayed July 2013
trinityhouse, Front Office Manager at Quest Trinity House, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are currently in the process of refurbishing some of our apartments and as you can appreciate this can be a lengthy process especially with our apartments being so spacious. I have spoken to housekeeping to ensure items are not missed and hope that on your next visit to Quest Trinity House your stay will meet and exceed expectations.
Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I recently took 6 of my girl friends down to Hobart for a weekend visit, Quest was the only place accommodating enough for all of us to sleep comfortably. Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised with a spacious, private apartment with everything we could possibly need. The staff were amazingly friendly, and helpful. The price was also the best we found in Hobart & parking etc was easy! brilliant and I will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: Room number 20 was perfect for larger groups!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Malinda H
trinityhouse, Front Office Manager at Quest Trinity House, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Hi Malinda
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at Quest Trinity House, it is often difficult to find accommodation that will suit a large group and our 4 bedroom apartment is ideal as you noted. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and were glad to be of help.
We hope to see you again when you next travel to Hobart.
Adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment. All family members seemed happy with the place. Parking just outside door. Our unit did not back on to Brooker Avenue so was quiet. Washing machine & tumble dryer simple to use. Lighting in most rooms a little dim though.
Easy walk to liquor store (2 mins) & Woolworths supermarket (5 mins).
Easy place to access & not difficult to wizz into central Hobart & shop - 5 mins by car. All you have to do is master the flow of one way streets of central Hobart.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit/apartment that does not back onto Brooker Avenue as traffic noise would be annoying.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. As you mentioned our apartmentsare comfortable and are ideal for families and groups due to having full facilities such as a full kitchen and laundry and having Woolworth's and BWS bottle shop across the road is very convenient. please keep us in mind for your next visit to Hobart.