“Beautiful”

$117.42*
Grand Historical Port Arthur Walking Tour from Hobart
Ranked #2 of 140 things to do in Hobart
More attraction details
Owner description: The Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens is Australia's second-oldest established in 1818. These gardens are home to the largest collection of mature conifers in the Southern Hemisphere and it also has the only subantarctic plant house in the world. A great restaurant and cafe is available onsite and it is a wonderful place to visit all year round. Visit our website for more information.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Is a really beautiful botanic park, worth visiting. Five stars to its landscaping design. Maybe only three stars to the main building. It has many contemporary art sculptures around the landscape. Just beautiful.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,013)

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I try to get to Tasmania any chance I get and always visit the RTBG.. Last time, a few years ago, it was rather disappointing. there was construction going on, it was noisy and messy, generally not a nice visit all round. Well, this year I got to see what all the commotion was about. There have been many updates, new additions and changes in general. Everything is new and updated - the restaurant is fantastic ! - and the gardens are looking better than I have ever seen them. And I went in late August !! I only wish I cold get to see them spring/summer. I'm glad I didn't give them a miss based on the previous trip. I will definitely be going again on future visits.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visited during winter which was not a good time to visit but I'm sure during Spring/Summer with the flowers in bloom it would be beautiful

Reviewed September 3, 2013

best place ever to go and have fun with family. it has lots of different character in plants and bush, after the long walk there is a public pool where you can enjoy your swimming if you like , best and beautiful place

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Lovely to have a look around. An easy walk back to the city, passing the old zoo which housed the last captive Tasmanian tiger.