“"Good drop of beer"”

Cascade Brewery Tour
Ranked #11 of 146 things to do in Hobart
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Step inside Australia's oldest operating brewery, nestled at the foot of the majestic Mount Wellington, to learn how Cascade has been crafting beer since 1832. Our guides will share Cascade's fabled recipe; a dash of history, a healthy dose of Tasmania's finest ingredients and a generous serve of brewing craft. You can take a tour or just relax and enjoy Cascade beers and Mercury ciders, savour a delicious lunch and wander our three acres of heritage gardens. The Visitor Centre is open 7 days a week between 10am - 5pm, excluding Good Friday and Christmas day and tours operate daily.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We visited cascade brewery and enjoyed the beautiful setting on the day we were their it was their birthday barbeques ,jazz band playing and lots of good "BEER'

Reviewed December 3, 2013

With the age of the buildings and the character that has built up around the brewery it's a must do in Hobart. Visit it with a little perspective on the history, see the changes that have happened over the years and enjoy the setting.
A beautiful place, a few minutes from the centre of Hobart, worth a visit even to just to stroll around and take a look.
The bistro there is acceptable and you can get a few of their beers on tap.

Good!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We visited on the cascade brewery's open day. We had an excellent tour guide who was very knowledgeable. As I'm not a beer drinker I went with my husband thinking I would be bored but I actually enjoyed it. I loved hearing the history of how the brewery began and it now being owned by CUB. The tour took just over an hour. We visited on he weekend which the brewery was closed I suggest you go during the week when the brewery is running it would add to the tour.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

hosted by Alex, he kept the tour entertaining and easy to follow even for the none beer drinkers. Been to both Boags and Cascade and have to say if you only had one chance to fit in a brewery tour always go Cascade.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Couldnt manage to manage get into the tour but had lunch.
Which was a bit of a fail.
Ordered a risotto abd 2x steaks. 1 medium well and 1 medium rare. Got the medium well first which was the rare one. Waited 10mins for the other steak n it was cooked perfectly. Questioned the waiter n was told he stuffed up did we want it put back on the grill after it had been cut up into many pieces. We refused.
I ended up asking for a replacement which he then said yes I was about to offer u replacement or refund. We opted for refund and left.

Food was ok considering this.
Its quiet a pretty place to sit on a nice day for lunch. We had our 18mth old enjoy strolling the gardens.