“interesting”

Mt Wellington Tour and MONA Admission
Ranked #13 of 133 things to do in Hobart
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Step inside Australia's oldest operating brewery, nestled at the foot of the majestic Mount Wellington, to learn how Cascade has been crafting beer since 1832. Our guides will share Cascade's fabled recipe; a dash of history, a healthy dose of Tasmania's finest ingredients and a generous serve of brewing craft. You can take a tour or just relax and enjoy Cascade beers and Mercury ciders, savour a delicious lunch and wander our three acres of heritage gardens. The Visitor Centre is open 7 days a week between 10am - 5pm, excluding Good Friday and Christmas day and tours operate daily.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Mudgee, Australia
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Loved the tour... presented well by the guide. The history of the building and business were quite interesting. The concept of the 'bottle tops' for tasting was clever as well.

Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Save your $25 dollars”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband went on the cascade brewery tour today. We had our 2yr old with us and learnt that kids under 15 aren't allowed to go on the tour, funny they have to be under 15 and not 18?
Anyway my son and I explored the gardens (cute rabbits bouncing around) for the 1 hr and 15mins he was on your. Plan to have lunch also but lunch meals were a bit limited and a bit pricey. Ended up getting a coffee that was not made the way it should be and two scones. My boy had chips and a juice - grand total of $20.
Husband soon returned a bit miffed as he hoped the beer would be cheaper here - as it's made on site and no delivery cost would incurr. Also 3 samples that are included in the $25 tour price doesn't include all the beers - definitely not premium lager. The glass the beer is served to you is smaller than a pot glass.
He recommends make the trip to the brewery but don't go on the tour - spend that money on a few beers and have some lunch. Also Get some photos of the buildings.

2 Thank Jwind44
Newcastle, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“If your interested or love beer this is a must.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Really cool brewery. I was a little disappointed that there was no more tours available for the day when I arrived. So I would recommend booking - however the brewery looks amazing and th beer tasting is very nice. I would recommend a visit just for a taste.

Sydney, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beer lovers must do”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice beer, food is reasonably priced and good portions. Didnt do the tour, but place seemed nice enough.

Canberra, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Definitely try the food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I was skeptical about visiting this place as I thought it would be boring, but went with my boyfriend regardless. I am super glad I did! The guide was extremely keen and knowledgeable, and even though we didn't get to see anyone working in the factory, we learnt a lot about the process of beer making and about the history of the building an the company. The tasting is great (try to get a lift so you don't have to drive!) and the food in the restuarant was possibly one of the best meals we had during our time in Tasmania.

2 Thank Ezza31784