Blue Hills Motel
$220
$185
Hotels.com
Grand Chancellor Hotel Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$193
$112
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Lenna of Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$179
$114
Motel 429(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$93
$86
Agoda.com
The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
$179
Islington Hotel(Hobart)
$398
$376
Priceline
All reviewsbudget choicerenovated rooms aresandy baybattery pointdaily room servicegreat view of mtsalamanca placefresh towelsnatural lightoff street parkingnight stayfew minutes walkblackwoodunrenovatedcolesstainsconvenience
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Could do with a major revamp as it is in a great location but old, dirty and dated, carpet filthy and curling up at the edges. Clean towels and sheets but think its a bit cheeky to say if you don't wash your dishes you will be charged a $20 cleaning fee. Limited parking, first in first served. Have stayed in much better for much less

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelz30
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We hired a multi room self-contained apartment. It was, to put it lightly, disgusting. The only saving grace was the sheets were clean, but the carpets were filthy, the kitchen was dirty, the bathroom was falling apart and covered in mould, the apartment was freezing with severely inadequate heating, and the beds were uncomfortable.

Don't stay here. It's terrible.

Room Tip: Rooms that aren't in this hotel are better.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Zeckz
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stay at Blue Hills after booking a room sit unseen, bad move. My room was cold, they could have put my heater on as I had booked my room hours earlier. Had to wear my beanie for a few hours until the chill was off the room. I was greeted by a bad smell, it was something between loo cleaner & mold. Speaking of mold, the bathroom had plenty of it. The shower was over the floor & if you are tall best to sit down.I have to say that the linen was clean & white but everything else was grey & dirty.Yes it is close to the CBD but not close enough to walk there & walk all day.

Room Tip: Don't stay there. You cando alot better for your money.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Buneep
Reviewed July 3, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel, we immediately noticed it was very outdated, which usually wouldn't bother me so much, however, we get taken to our room and we firstly discover we have no towels. I then noticed a couple of ants in the room. I didn't worry about it and we went out to lunch and came back to our towels on our beds (I called for them). I went into the bathroom and discovered that the number of ants was ridiculous and there was no way we were staying in this room. I asked for a new room which we were given. The next room was a little larger but equally as outdated with the smallest TV I've ever seen (old style TV). The whole place had an unwelcoming feel to it... although the staff were attentive when I asked for things. There is no food at the hotel so you need to travel down the street for any meals. There is only a handful of car parks so sometimes parking on the street was required. Whilst this was one of the cheaper options for accommodation around Battery Point, I feel like it was still overpriced.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nicole C
Reviewed March 3, 2013

stayed there a few times before we know it's cheap and you pay for what you get but . The room was patched up different colour patches on the walls carpet had we think liquid plaster spilt on it and left to set . bath room had sanding dust in it every where and the towel rail kept on failing of the wall . Had to ask for soap ,like I said have stayed there before on a few times nice and close to bars and resturants but our room should not be let out for the night .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple